Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK -- somewhere in this Lounge jungle was a thread about insulated coffee mugs. I can't find it!!! *whinge* Where is it...I need a new mug..
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
did you search for coffeez mugz?
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
i have **bestest** flat stainless insulated mug from starbucks...use it at work every night. want one?
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chain said:
Where is the love?

Amici Veloci is an option...

Hon -- they are lovely, but not insulated, and not travel friendly. :)
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haiku d'etat said:
i have **bestest** flat stainless insulated mug from starbucks...use it at work every night. want one?
Easy to clean? My current mug gets.....stuff....that is disgusting.
 

·
Seat's not level
Joined
·
19,371 Posts
snapdragen said:
Hon -- they are lovely, but not insulated, and not travel friendly. :)
What, you need to travel? :rolleyes: Priorities. :rolleyes:

BTW, I have etched a few stainless steel mugs. It's a PITA, but it can be done.
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
i have **bestest** flat stainless insulated mug from starbucks...use it at work every night. want one?

I think I may have the same one. Mine looks like this:



It's the greatest mug I've ever used. I had a similar plastic one that lasted me all through college and grad school, but it was lost. I searched every Starbucks I came across for the same mug and never found one. The main thing, imo, was the lid: it needed to secure tightly, not leak, and the opening needed to be able to secure tightly as well.

That flip top on the the one I currently have is the best. It is tight and secure. I've had it in bags, backpacks, car seats, rolling around on the floorboards, and it's never opened up or spilled.

The one I got was $20, and well worth it. This one keeps coffee hot for longer than my plastic one did. I make my coffee around 7:30 am and it will stay warm well throughout the morning and if I preheat it with boiling water will even last me through the afternoon if it lasts that long.

Whichever one you get make sure it has this lid. It's the besest:





joe
 

·
n00bsauce
Joined
·
13,507 Posts
Our best mugs are free from drug reps.
 

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
Joined
·
22,021 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I think I may have the same one. Mine looks like this:



It's the greatest mug I've ever used. I had a similar plastic one that lasted me all through college and grad school, but it was lost. I searched every Starbucks I came across for the same mug and never found one. The main thing, imo, was the lid: it needed to secure tightly, not leak, and the opening needed to be able to secure tightly as well.

That flip top on the the one I currently have is the best. It is tight and secure. I've had it in bags, backpacks, car seats, rolling around on the floorboards, and it's never opened up or spilled.

The one I got was $20, and well worth it. This one keeps coffee hot for longer than my plastic one did. I make my coffee around 7:30 am and it will stay warm well throughout the morning and if I preheat it with boiling water will even last me through the afternoon if it lasts that long.

Whichever one you get make sure it has this lid. It's the besest:





joe
I have 2 of those...they are awesome.

len
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
Easy to clean? My current mug gets.....stuff....that is disgusting.
yes, easy to clean. beverages stay hotter, longer. etc.

i'll drop one in the mail to you. been meaning to send you a package anyways.

not c(0)de. or is it? ;)
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
joe, i think this is the same awesome mug.

i go into the same starbucks every night at work. guy works there said this mug would change my coffee life. i LOL'ed. they didn't have the mug in. two weeks later, it was in, i bought one, now they refill it every night and if i by chance leave it at home, my night is ruined. i can deal with whatever mangled and twisted situation i'm sent to handle, but without this mug, well...

best mug evar.


This is my starbucks thermal mug. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My starbucks thermal mug is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My starbucks thermal mug, without me, is useless. Without my starbucks thermal mug, I am useless. I must fire my starbucks thermal mug true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My starbucks thermal mug and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My starbucks thermal mug is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my starbucks thermal mug clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My starbucks thermal mug and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
 

·
Wearing blue suede shoes
Joined
·
900 Posts
Number one priority when choosing a coffee mug is that it does not immediately fill up with dish water when cleaned. I'm talking about water in the hollow cavity of the cup which stays there and gets gross until you fill the cup with hot coffee and it drips out on your lap.
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haiku d'etat said:
yes, easy to clean. beverages stay hotter, longer. etc.

i'll drop one in the mail to you. been meaning to send you a package anyways.

not c(0)de. or is it? ;)
OK.....:cool:
 

·
Just Plain Bitter
Joined
·
8,602 Posts
Do you not know of the the deep coffee mug cleaner available? Makes getting the crud out of cups and even water bottles so much easier. This has made my life so much easier!

 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rward325 said:
Do you not know of the the deep coffee mug cleaner available? Makes getting the crud out of cups and even water bottles so much easier. This has made my life so much easier!
I have this one, the stuff is in the lid.....really nasty.

 

·
No hero that's understood
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Boy do I wish I liked coffee.

Sure sounds like fun discussing mugs etc.

I like everything about coffee, smell, cups, grinders, French press, caffeine just not the taste. I drink about 1 cup every 2 years or so just to revalidate.
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have caffeine coursing through my veins...
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top