Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, sitting here on night shift I was thinking about the how people have their Coffee. Cause I could use 1 right now :)

So...How do you have it and how many do you do per day?
Does your style change through the day or do you stick to the same type every time?

My family are from that small spec below Italy boot and we sort of follow the Italian trends where they don’t have milk in their coffee after 11am...so for me its strong long blacks and about 3 a day..The last one being about 4pm

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
so where are you that it's night shift now?

/ always have 2 cups in the morning, cream and sugar.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Creakyknees said:
so where are you that it's night shift now?

/ always have 2 cups in the morning, cream and sugar.
Right...Hobart...in Aus we call that white with one ;-)

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Black. 2-3 cups/day from an aeropress, usually a light roast.

·
What the what???
12,711 Posts
Black...usually a 10-cup pot/day. Sometimes more if I'm drinking it iced.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BuckeyeBiker said:
Black. 2-3 cups/day from an aeropress, usually a light roast.
Is that like nepresso?

Heard good things!

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,107 Posts
If I don't have about 2 cups in the morning, I'll need a nap about 4pm.

So, I'll wake up, make a (small, 4-cup) pot of the cheapest, gnarliest, drip coffee I can...and I'll enjoy it more than you :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
+1 on the no milk in it after 11. I heard about that and now have adopted it. The Italians and Sicilians know thier sh1t.

I have a nice capuccino in the morning and an espresso in the afternoon. I only use Illy espresso.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Black, usually about 3 cups in teh am, maybe 1 at lunch, and usually 1 around dinner time. Roast depends on my mood, but I usually go for med-dark roasts.

·
Super Moderator
40,608 Posts
Daily doses of strong black coffee, a couple of cups (mugs, really) in the AM to load the pipelines, then more as desired throughout the day. The espresso machine gets a workout as well, but I don't count those because they're such tiny cups. I try not to have any after 4:00, unless I'm going out, so I can get to sleep.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ETWN Stu said:
Is that like nepresso?

Heard good things!
Got one of those and I like it a whole bunch. The no clean-up thing seals the deal as I'm the only coffee drinker in the house and I hate grinders/filters, etc. The misses uses the milk frother for chai. 2 or 3 pucks in the morning, usually as espresso and rarely as a latte, and green tea for lunch/afternoon.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
I can do iced or hot anytime.

I'm down to 2-3 cups a day. I start with a cold brewed iced when I wake up, and then usually get a hot at the office caf.

I can drink more when the need arises.

When Delicate Flower and I go to get coffee, it's a giant cup of espresso (4-6 shots of espresso over ice, depending on the person at the machine).

Then there's the tureen of Diet Coke at lunch.

·
Doubleplusgood
6 Posts
2 regular in the morning and 2 decaf in the evening. I just put 1/2+1/2 in it. I like all kinds of roasts. My favorite variety is 100% Kona. If I do an espresso drink, it's usually a cafe mocha, but I also love a good straight cappuccino.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
ETWN Stu said:
Right, sitting here on night shift I was thinking about the how people have their Coffee.
Drip coffee. 50 grams ground coffee to 48 oz of water. Black. 6 to 8 cups per day.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Black. French Pressed. Anything from 1-4 cups a day but I'll never have 4 again after I started talking really fast the other time and became 'hyper' too.

Sometimes, days without too.

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
If I'm drinking anything but African I put some half and half in it. I usually take stuff made with African beans black.

I just had a late afternoon espresso made with Arabian Mocha Java.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts