Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a shoe that works...the Specialized S-Works shoe. Big bucks, but they feel fine. I haven't sprung to buy them yet. Problem...highly vented. I am concerned when the weather turns brisk. I would hate to put on neo covers in the early fall... They just seem like only warm weather shoes...any thoughts?

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
I think you'll be fine as long as you keep the shoes inside before you ride. Your body will heat up and it won't be an issue. However, one time I went skiing, I left my boots in the unheated trunk - my feet damn near froze! Once I warmed my feet and boots up, I was fine.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Baggies

AlanS said:
I finally found a shoe that works...the Specialized S-Works shoe. Big bucks, but they feel fine. I haven't sprung to buy them yet. Problem...highly vented. I am concerned when the weather turns brisk. I would hate to put on neo covers in the early fall... They just seem like only warm weather shoes...any thoughts?
Just put baggies (produce bags, newspaper bags, etc) or plastic wrap over your socks when the cold weather hits. This is a good interim solution between shoe covers/booties. A nice thing about the thin baggies is that as the weather warms up, you can easily tuck the bags into your jersey pockets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.