Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unfortunate enough to live in a place(wisconsin) where it is still cold daily. It's been nice enough to get out for some 2-3 hr rides pretty frequently though.

My problem is I get so much mucous in my nose it makes it hard to breath. I try to blow it out but it just comes back giving me only like a minute of relief or so. I have researched vasomotor rhinitis and believe this is what I have but I haven't seen any real good cures for it.

Does this happen to you? how do you get around it? Not really so excited about taking cold medicine everyday.

·
TWD
540 Posts
search the forum for "snot rocket" .... the issue you report is a common side effect of riding in cold weather. Just gotta blow

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
Snot shooting

repartocorse40 said:
My problem is I get so much mucous in my nose it makes it hard to breath. I try to blow it out but it just comes back giving me only like a minute of relief or so. Does this happen to you? how do you get around it? Not really so excited about taking cold medicine everyday.
The simple solution is to blow your nose every minute or so. I've had people comment about my "bottomless source of snot" because I shoot a lot of snot rockets. So what? It beats the heck out of the alternative. The only way I would take drugs for this would be if I couldn't deal with it. So I just deal with it. My advice to you? Deal with it.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
The simple solution is to blow your nose every minute or so. I've had people comment about my "bottomless source of snot" because I shoot a lot of snot rockets. So what? It beats the heck out of the alternative. The only way I would take drugs for this would be if I couldn't deal with it. So I just deal with it. My advice to you? Deal with it.
Yes, KI is a wealth of knowledge. Just make sure you aim high over your shoulder. Otherwise....well, you'll see.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
High Gear said:
Yes, KI is a wealth of knowledge. Just make sure you aim high over your shoulder. Otherwise....well, you'll see.
Oh sure...NOW you tell me. :mad:

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
I have all-weather mucous. I can hock a loogie on command. It is rather annoying. Rain or shine, dry or moist air, my respiratory system never disappoints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts