Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 weeks of college football who are your overrated and underrated teams?

For me

Overrated

Va tech
Boise state
Iowa
Michigan

Underrated

Nebraska

Not sure

Ohio state. (if Miami had half a qb OSU looses at home)

It's early, and I haven't watched more than 10 or so games, but so far.....

How about you?

Len

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
I thought you were just asking if college football was overrated, to which I was going to answer: Yes.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DrRoebuck said:
I thought you were just asking if college football was overrated, to which I was going to answer: Yes.
Lol. Colts game is pretty boring, my mind wandered.

Len

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i haven't seen any yet.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Overrated:
Georgia
South Carolina
Penn State

Underrated:
NC State (as much as that hurts to say)
Arkansas

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
Andrew1 said:
Overrated:
Georgia
South Carolina
Penn State

Underrated:
NC State (as much as that hurts to say)
Arkansas
SC: Their RB is the real deal...I still think Garcia has yet to be challenged as a QB though.

Arkansas: I'm a Razorback. I agree. :)

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Boise State, Penn State.

Virginia Tech? Who's claiming their any good right now?

Not that I've seen any football at all, but this much I know is true.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I haven't seen much football yet this season (college or pro). Vacation last weekend and spent this afternoon at the beach. Yesterday was errands day. Having said that, with what I have seen, I'd have to say that SC is underrated and Va Tech is overrated. Not sure about anyone else yet.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
College ball is soooo much better than what the NFL considers football.

·
Proud luddite
7,191 Posts
At first I thought Arizona was overrated, but after they beat #9 Iowa on Saturday, they might be the real deal. With USC out of the postseason picture, maybe the Wildcats will have a shot at the Rose Bowl. My other alma mater, Northwestern, is 3-0 but they've had a weak schedule. We'll see how they fare when they play the big boys in the Big 10.....but I do have a dream of an Arizona/Northwestern Rose Bowl. I'm not exactly banking on that matchup at this point!

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
StageHand said:
Virginia Tech? Who's claiming their any good right now?

Boise State fans.

Hell, they started the year ranked 10th, what a joke.

Len

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
azpeterb said:
At first I thought Arizona was overrated, but after they beat #9 Iowa on Saturday, they might be the real deal.
As painful as this is for me to admit, I think you're right. Let's see what they do outside of Tucson, but they did look pretty good.

I think I overestimated how bad ASU is. They really out played #11 Wisconsin in Madison and should have one the game.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
q_and_a said:
As painful as this is for me to admit, I think you're right. Let's see what they do outside of Tucson, but they did look pretty good.

I think I overestimated how bad ASU is. They really out played #11 Wisconsin in Madison and should have one the game.
The Big 10 may be overrated also....time will tell, but so far.......

Len

·
Super Moderator
40,602 Posts
Len J said:
The Big 10 may be overrated also....time will tell, but so far.......

Len
I'm afraid the Buckeyes may be overrated. Yes, they beat Miami, but had six trips to the red zone, and no TDs to show for it. And the Buckeye special teams kept Miami in the game. Miami's a good team, but not a great one. Ohio State is also a good team, but not a great one.

I can't believe that Oregon is all that, either. I guess we'll see when they play Stanford.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Every year we are overrated. Somehow, the college football pundits think that we'll magically have a functioning offense and make a big run because of it. Sadly, every year we have the same offensive (and I mean that in both senses of the word) coordinator and we lose a few games because of it.

Come on man, you've got two 1000 yard rushers and a 4th year senior QB and you can't score a TD vs JMU?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts