Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a Reynolds 501 Peugeot with 105 7 speed running gear and looking to spend 5000AD (3500USD) on another commuting and Century bike (possibly race). I am having trouble deciding between the Dura Ace specced Colnago or the Ultegra specced Bianchi 928L. Any thoughts or experiences on either of these two options would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
G'day!
I ride the 928L. I have posted about it in the Bianchi forum. It is a very light and stiff frame. (1190g 55cm ) Definately all business and stunningly beautiful, but that's subjective I suppose.
Both Colnago and Bianchi know what works when it comes to building bikes. I think if a bike fits you and you like the way it handles just get the one that looks the best. Your dilemma is the D/A v. Ultegra I suppose. I've been told that the 10 speed Ultegra is an upgrade over 9spd D/A so it's not bad. Some would say it will be less painful dumping the Ultegra when you decide to switch to Campy for your Italian ride, but I won't.
If you want a bike mainly for centuries and commuting the monocoque 928 is more comfortable if a little heavier. You will be amazed with either one I'm sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.