Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a C50 cross...but finding one to sit on and look at is impossible. I've looked at the geometry specs...but sometimes the specs are a little different in the real world.

So, my question is to anyone who owns one: How acurate is the sizing to the web site? And how high is the bottom bracket?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
I can help you..

save alot of money! Have you looked at ALAN. Absolutely the best cross bike I've ever ridden. Full carbon frame and carbon IRD fork. Super plush! ALAN now actually offers a monoque frame as well, the Cabon Excel. I love my X-40 and would suggest you ck them out. You could probably get two X-40 for the price of that C50.
Ck'em out at www.alan-usa.com :p


Here's mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
the mayor said:
I want a C50 cross...but finding one to sit on and look at is impossible. I've looked at the geometry specs...but sometimes the specs are a little different in the real world.

So, my question is to anyone who owns one: How acurate is the sizing to the web site? And how high is the bottom bracket?
Check with these guys:
http://www.cbike.com/
http://www.trialtir-usa.com/

I believe Trialtir is the US distributor so that they might the first place to talk to and CBike had one on their website.
Depending on where you live, you might have a hard time finding someone who owns one, even in the cross hotspots.
I did talk to an old buddy who has the Alan carbon and he said he loved the ride. Seems to be crashworthy since he endo'd during a race we did. The bike was find but his noggin...not so good!
 

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Moso

Mosovich said:
save alot of money! Have you looked at ALAN. Absolutely the best cross bike I've ever ridden. Full carbon frame and carbon IRD fork. Super plush! ALAN now actually offers a monoque frame as well, the Cabon Excel. I love my X-40 and would suggest you ck them out. You could probably get two X-40 for the price of that C50.
Ck'em out at www.alan-usa.com :p


Here's mine.
I love your bike man, love the way you played off the decals without going crazy, the red hubs work. Blue would have been overkill. nice bike man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
Actually...

Phat&SlowVelo said:
I love your bike man, love the way you played off the decals without going crazy, the red hubs work. Blue would have been overkill. nice bike man.
That's my back up set. I ride tubulars on Ksyrium SLs, plus I run a single ring and have an IRD fork. In this pic, it's set up for dirt road rides. Thanks for the compliment.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
Here's my other.

one. It's aluminum, very stiff! I like the carbon better, the ride is soooo nice. Stiff, get forgiving on really bumpy courses. You should really give Paul a call at Euromedia, those guys were a huge help to me. PLUS, they come in four sizes, so sizing is MUCH easier, or you can even get custom at I think a very small up charge. You really, can't beat'em. ALAN has been doing cross forever, so your getting a bike with alot of history behind the design and geometry. Here's Paul's no., tell him Ross from Augusta refered you to them. Everyone I've turned towards ALAN has been really really pleased. Here's their phone no.

866.623.3073 or email [email protected]

Another plus, is that these guys REALLY support cyclocross and are big on grassroots programs.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top