Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am not too impressed yet with the C59, itself. I loved to see success for the Colnago brand in the Giro and Tour, but the C59 fails to impress me like the EPS did. I am waiting for real rider test reports as opposed to industry-driven reports. From my vantage point, the C59 looks like a blend of the ribbed tubes of the EP/EPS + the C50 shaped tubes + the Asian-made chain/seat stays. Oh, it costs a lot more, too.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jbartmc said:
I am not too impressed yet with the C59, itself. I loved to see success for the Colnago brand in the Giro and Tour, but the C59 fails to impress me like the EPS did. I am waiting for real rider test reports as opposed to industry-driven reports. From my vantage point, the C59 looks like a blend of the ribbed tubes of the EP/EPS + the C50 shaped tubes + the Asian-made chain/seat stays. Oh, it costs a lot more, too.

Good point...watch this space. I have owned an EPS for quite sometime now and taking delivey of a new C59 shortly. Once its been built up I will give the forum members an 'honest' opinion of both bikes and both rides.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looking forward to your feedback and comparison of the two frames Sleazy. I was mezmerized by the C59 when it came out, and so much so I ordered one. Was something about that just struck me, and I was set on my next frame being lugged carbon. EPS is a beautiful frame as well, but to me the C59 is a EPS on steroids. With some further thought put into the design as a overall bike. I remember reading some articles on the development of the EPS and how much influence Zabel had in its design. So much so that some people referred to it as a sprinters machine.

Anyway, both great bikes with the EPS having more pedigree. This will be my first carbon build coming from a classic steel frame. Really looking forward to it.

Paul

·
Registered
34 Posts
To: Campy C-40

Any chance we will get to see a photo of your orange C- 40 "most bautiful bike in the world"?

I have a C-40 w/ Team Rabobank colors.....still have mixed feelings about the orange on it, somedays I love it, other days not so much!

ACC

·
Registered
21 Posts
Apologies for plugging my own blog - but I did get some good photos of the c59 at the London cycle show herehttp://girodilento.com/colnago-c59-london-cycle-show-pictures

There's another post with lots of pictures of the M10 if you're interested.

I think the C59 looks terrific and I have to say I think I prefer the look of it to the EPS - a bit more modern perhaps?

GdL

·
Registered
216 Posts
giro di lento said:
Apologies for plugging my own blog - but I did get some good photos of the c59 at the London cycle show herehttp://girodilento.com/colnago-c59-london-cycle-show-pictures

There's another post with lots of pictures of the M10 if you're interested.

I think the C59 looks terrific and I have to say I think I prefer the look of it to the EPS - a bit more modern perhaps?

GdL
Thanks for those pics. I agree with you on the C59, I just love it.

Colnago have managed to build a modern bike yet keep their tradition alive, from the lugs to the interesting tube profiles and fantastic quality. If I had the cash I would be placing my order now.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Any chance they will issue a C59 with and Art Decor paitscheme ? or a LX10 ?

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
iyeoh said:
Why couldn't they have a version in plain old carbon and red as well... orange, fluorescent yellow?
I was wondering the same thing last night, and then wondered if the "orange" is the same as the red on my NS03 Cristallo. Sometimes, it looks orange in the right light.

Some of those pics that I saw of the C59 actually have the color looking slightly red, but when compared to the red on the Super Record 11 set, it just isn't the same red.

·
Col,Naaa,GOOOOO
363 Posts
Love that orange

Its seems to be the same orange used on my C50:
Fluo and really bright in misty AND sunny weather

1 - 20 of 31 Posts