Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

While Colnago is well known name in cycling world. Want to know your views on Colnago CLX (2016 model) at a discount of 20% due to clearance.

Are carbon frames any more difficult to maintain, service, repair? I am ok to consider any cheaper option or any other alternative which you folks feel is better value?

Been riding a Scott MTB for >1 year.

Thanks
Bikergops

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Buddy of mine has had one for about a month and loves it. Carbon is actually probably easier to maintain as you don't have to worry about corrosion etc. and the ride properties can be tuned better than metal frames. Ease of repair depends on where it breaks, but then that's somewhat true of any material. If it's the Colnago CLX deal that I'm thinking of (CO local and on-line dealer), it's a pretty great deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buddy of mine has had one for about a month and loves it. Carbon is actually probably easier to maintain as you don't have to worry about corrosion etc. and the ride properties can be tuned better than metal frames. Ease of repair depends on where it breaks, but then that's somewhat true of any material. If it's the Colnago CLX deal that I'm thinking of (CO local and on-line dealer), it's a pretty great deal.
Thank you OldChipper

·
Shuffleman
678 Posts
Hi,

While Colnago is well known name in cycling world. Want to know your views on Colnago CLX (2016 model) at a discount of 20% due to clearance.

Are carbon frames any more difficult to maintain, service, repair? I am ok to consider any cheaper option or any other alternative which you folks feel is better value?

Been riding a Scott MTB for >1 year.

Thanks
Bikergops
I have had a CLX and absolutely love the bike. I think that mine is a 2014 but i am not totally sure. I equipped mine with Campy Athena and the bike is really awesome. Best bike that I have ever ridden. Comfortable. Quick. I get many compliments from people who see the bike. It is very classy looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts