Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a C50 for racing, would there be much of a difference with the performance of the ride ride when comparing it to the 2004 CT2 I currently use for training and racing?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
probably not. If anything, the CT2 (Ti) will be more durable and easier to fix when you crash. I think a good old fashioned aluminium frame is the best for actual racing. Light, stiff, cheap, and I've never been in a race where I said, " oh boy, I'm getting fatigued from all this micro-vibration dispersing up through my frame."

·
l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
Fignon's Barber said:
probably not. If anything, the CT2 (Ti) will be more durable and easier to fix when you crash. I think a good old fashioned aluminium frame is the best for actual racing. Light, stiff, cheap, and I've never been in a race where I said, " oh boy, I'm getting fatigued from all this micro-vibration dispersing up through my frame."
The C50 is perhaps the easiest frame to repair of all the Colnago's sold. Since Colnago is no longer building the CT2, I wouldn't buy it if I was worried about possible repairs. For racing, I would however agree that a Dream HP is more than sufficient for almost anybody.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.