Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Finally I have my EPS!!

Here are some pics to get started on the build.

Waiting on some parts still - should be complete in about 2 weeks.

Let me know what you guys think.

(saddle is not what's going on it but it is the right height (71cm))

Build list will/should be:

Colnago EPS Frame/Fork
Colnago H/S
Super Record Group 11-25, 172.5 53/39
Deda Zero100 SC 120mm stem
Deda Supernatural Bar
Colnago Post (maybe changing to Record when I get the saddle- depends on setback)
Prologo Scratch Saddle
Speedplay Zero Stainless Pedals
Fizik White Tape
King Cages x 2 (not fully decided yet)
Neutron Ultra's
Schwalbe Ultremo's
and
LW Gen 3's

Computer will be either a Garmin Edge 305 or 705.

So more of a pro build over a WW one - but I think that suits a Colnago better anyway.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
451 Posts
excellent

g'day haydos,
nice frame. i've been keeping up with the waiting on this one of yours. can't wait too see this when it's done. congrats.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Oh yeah...If you could put that puppy on a scale and let me know the weight in grams of the frame and fork I would be very greatful. I would love to see how it does vs my EP frame (1160 grams for a 54cm).

·
Registered
497 Posts
That thing is so sweet it's ridiculous.....is that head tube as big in person as it looks in that picture?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KennyG said:
SWEET! How did you manage to get a color that is not on the 09 standard color list?
I don't know really - the importer here in Australia said it can be done and organized it for me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KennyG said:
Oh yeah...If you could put that puppy on a scale and let me know the weight in grams of the frame and fork I would be very greatful. I would love to see how it does vs my EP frame (1160 grams for a 54cm).
Frame is 1120 with seatpost clamp. I'll weight the forks once cut.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Nice looking

Pretty impressive looking. The paint definitely lets the detail on the frame stand out. What size? 53? The build sounds good although my legs just hurt thinking about the 11. I don't believe you will find the setback on the Colnago post to be less than Record. I haven't seen the recent C50 posts but both C40 and C50 posts were made by ITM (same for the fork steerer expander) so you should be fine there.

You must be tonning it in Oz. I would imagine the import duty on all that fine Italian stuff plus the LW's, never mind the OEC, is cheap. Ha ha!

haydos said:
Hi Guys,

Finally I have my EPS!!

Here are some pics to get started on the build.

Waiting on some parts still - should be complete in about 2 weeks.

Let me know what you guys think.

(saddle is not what's going on it but it is the right height (71cm))

Build list will/should be:

Colnago EPS Frame/Fork
Colnago H/S
Super Record Group 11-25, 172.5 53/39
Deda Zero100 SC 120mm stem
Deda Supernatural Bar
Colnago Post (maybe changing to Record when I get the saddle- depends on setback)
Prologo Scratch Saddle
Speedplay Zero Stainless Pedals
Fizik White Tape
King Cages x 2 (not fully decided yet)
Neutron Ultra's
Schwalbe Ultremo's
and
LW Gen 3's

Computer will be either a Garmin Edge 305 or 705.

So more of a pro build over a WW one - but I think that suits a Colnago better anyway.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Dude, Sweet!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe the setback on the record post is 25mm wheras the colnago one is 15mm.

I bought it from my LBS along with the groupset and parts - no mail order stuff. Too risky on a frame.

·
Registered
713 Posts
So nice!!!!
Who cares what it weighs! Not really what Colnagos are about. More about quality and great geometry, IMHO.
I'm so jealous.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KennyG said:
Does the 1120 include all the headset parts?

No mate - no bolts either, just the seatpost clamp.

Not as light as I thought it might be; but neither am I so i'm not worried:thumbsup:

Whoever said that an EPS was 200g lighter than a C50 clearly has no idea.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kjmunc said:
That thing is so sweet it's ridiculous.....is that head tube as big in person as it looks in that picture?
It's funny you know...the tubes on this ride are small compared to say a cannondale or my BMC. The headtube is biggish at the bottom, but not crazy big like a supersix or TCR advanced

·
Registered
192 Posts
haydos said:
No mate - no bolts either, just the seatpost clamp.

Not as light as I thought it might be; but neither am I so i'm not worried:thumbsup:

Whoever said that an EPS was 200g lighter than a C50 clearly has no idea.
I had speculated in a different thread that the EPS would not really be 200 grams lighter than the EP, but probably more like 50-100. Looks like it's under 50.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Weight comparison really depends on what headset you use with an EP as your stuck with the EPS.
On both- You can always save 10 more grams on a seatpost clamp and save 40-50 grams on a lighter fork expander/top cap than what comes stock.

·
Registered
497 Posts
50gr?

KennyG said:
I had speculated in a different thread that the EPS would not really be 200 grams lighter than the EP, but probably more like 50-100. Looks like it's under 50.
sounds like somebody just got a little overzealous with the paint gun.

i probably have 50gr of winter road grime on my bike right now so i dont really count ounces or grams.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
miket1 said:
haydos, how long did it take for the frame to arrive once the order was placed? I am thinking about the same color.
Supplier said 12 weeks and it arrived in 9-10. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.