Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
cyclingnews says:

The new EPS closely resembles the current Extreme-C in appearance with its round carbon tubing and carbon lugs but apparently surpasses even the Extreme Power in its quest for ultimate rigidity. The oversized down tube maintains a constant oversized diameter throughout its length while the top tube now flares even bigger as it approaches the head tube; both are internally reinforced via Colnago's 3PRS system. The giant chain stays uses Colnago's familiar 'leaf'-shaped profile.That head tube also now houses a tapered-and-oversized 1 1/8"-to-1 1/4" steerer tube on a brand-new fork. As on the recently introduced CX-1, the new EPS also makes use of a semi-integrated headset.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the Saronni scheme in blue for Zabel, but who knows, maybe it will grow on me in 20 years. I didn't like the Saronni scheme 20 years ago, but now I love it.

If this frame comes in a decent color scheme, I might just have to forego the C50 in ST01 for this frame. The CX-1 looks good at sub 1kg, but none of the 3 paint schemes it is offered in really catch my attention.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
Does anybody know what bars are on that bike? That also looks like the new Campy 11 speed stuff.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Hold your breath and sit down for this one!

A friend of mine rep's Colnago in these parts and he attended the recent sales meeting in Lake Tahoe. Unless I heard him wrong, the suggested retail price for the EPS frame/fork/HS is $6500.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
Just in case somebody doesn't want something as stiff as the EPS but not as compliant as the C50. Exactly who that is, I have no idea. Maybe the EPS is for people weighing 250, the Extreme Power for 200, and the C50 for 150. Who knows.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
The good thing about the 2009 catalog is that I don't like a single paint scheme, so I won't be buying any of them. The bad news is that I now need to buy the C50 in ST01 immediately before I cannot get it anywhere other than Maestro.

As far as $6,500 for a frame is concerned, that isn't going to happen for me any time soon. I thought $4,000 was a lot, but $6,500 is utterly nuts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
fabsroman said:
The good thing about the 2009 catalog is that I don't like a single paint scheme, so I won't be buying any of them. The bad news is that I now need to buy the C50 in ST01 immediately before I cannot get it anywhere other than Maestro.

As far as $6,500 for a frame is concerned, that isn't going to happen for me any time soon. I thought $4,000 was a lot, but $6,500 is utterly nuts.
I totally agree with everything you are saying. ST01 is the Ultimate color for a Colnago! The STIT from 2007 is similar, but a little too busy for me. I have been waiting to see the new paint options before replacing my 2004 C50. I have decidid to go with an EC rather than a new C50. I want something a little lighter and stiffer and my smaller body size and lack of sprinter's power rules out the need for an EP. It appears that there have been no changes to the EC other than paint for 2009, and the EPS is going to be too pricey to justify getting over the EC (especially if made in Asia). My search for a 54cm EC in ST01 begins!

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
What exactly does "made" in Italy mean for those frames?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.