Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a while trying to find some decent pics of the Colnago Extreme C before considering buying - now mine has arrived - I shall provide pics for like minded souls - and yeah, I have considered sleeping with it :D

www.furbert.com

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
that is sweet

nice job with the camera
i keep thinking about saving for one of these or a c40 hp--have you ridden both?
however some other deal on ebay always sidetracks my savings (latest was a look 461)

jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I tried a Look 585, but didnt sway to the sloping tube, and a c50 - which dare i say it felt a bit sluggish, even heavy , but that may have been the groupset & wheels that were on it. Also tried a time VXRS but was advised to avoid it since the seat tube is vulnerable to shearing off ! (apparentley). This Extreme C is insanely light - I am almost afraid to mount her .. :eek:

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
kaplonk,

SHAWWIIIIIIIIING!!

I'm just minding my own business, trying to be fiscally responsible, and then this post comes along. :mad:

These high-res pictures just blow me away. You must be super happy. Congratulations!

Tshirt

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
You must be pleased.

kaplonk said:
I spent a while trying to find some decent pics of the Colnago Extreme C before considering buying - now mine has arrived - I shall provide pics for like minded souls - and yeah, I have considered sleeping with it :D

www.furbert.com
If you don't mine me asking?,what's you're choice of components and wheels? Only the best for this jewel I would imagine.Thanks for posting,as it is a beauty!

·
Life In the big ring
239 Posts
Very nice work

good job with the camera.
kinda hard to ride without wheels and stuff though ;)

Just a side note... I find it interesting that these frames have two w.b. cages. Colnago stated that the seat tubes were too thin for bottle cages. None the less the three frames that i've sold all had seat tube bottle cages! hmmm...

Get it built. You are going to LOVE the ride.

·
Registered
129 Posts
good job with the camera.
kinda hard to ride without wheels and stuff though ;)

Just a side note... I find it interesting that these frames have two w.b. cages. Colnago stated that the seat tubes were too thin for bottle cages. None the less the three frames that i've sold all had seat tube bottle cages! hmmm...

Get it built. You are going to LOVE the ride.
I also norticed the 2 cage drilled down tube and seat tube. Here's a quote from competetive cyclist.

"It has only one set of water bottle bosses. You can mount a cage to the downtube but not the seat tube. The seat tube is just too darn thin to handle riv-nuts and the weight of a full bottle. "
:confused: Confused. Anyone Know. Is this false info or are dealer drilling them themselves wich seems appoling to do to a $4400 frameset. :rolleyes:

No matter what you are going to love it and this will not affect the ride quality.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah thanx guys... just dont tell the other half ...or anyone who remotely knows me the cost of this puppy :eek: ..a little birthday present to myself.

I was expecting only 1 bottle mount but was pleasantly surprised to see two. I will be doing the Etape du Tour on this and was wondering where i could store some more fluids - but panic over.

- as for the build, I have all the components on another "heavier" training bike which I will swap over nearer to May, Including Full Dura Ace group set, Cinelli Neo Carbon Bar and stem and the awesome (imo) Mavic ES wheels with Michelin Pro race tyres. (Bling)

- best get something light for those 3 French mountains I thought :D ...now I wont be able to blame the equipment if I get scooped up by the broom wagon !!

Kap.

·
Life In the big ring
239 Posts
asawlrider123456789 said:
I also norticed the 2 cage drilled down tube and seat tube. Here's a quote from competetive cyclist.

"It has only one set of water bottle bosses. You can mount a cage to the downtube but not the seat tube. The seat tube is just too darn thin to handle riv-nuts and the weight of a full bottle. "
:confused: Confused. Anyone Know. Is this false info or are dealer drilling them themselves wich seems appoling to do to a $4400 frameset. :rolleyes:

No matter what you are going to love it and this will not affect the ride quality.

Enjoy :)
I can guarantee that neither the dealer nor the distributor are modifying Extreme C frames.
According to Trialtir (take it easy... I know "Trialtir" is fightin' words around here), all of the frames have two bottle cages. The information about the seat tube being too light to handle a botle cage is straight from Colnago. I'm still not sure if they used a slightly beefier seat tube, of if Colnago decided that the tube can handle it.
eithr way, I see this as good news. Not everyone can have a support vehicle with someone handing them water bottles. The frame is still lighter and stiffer than the C50.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Extreme C - just built up

http://www.furbert.com/

Dura Ace 10 groupset
Mavic ES / Michelin Pro
FSA K wing bar & stem
Speacialized toupe / colnago carbon stem
Chris King HS

- and yes its a triple - as I'm doing the Mountain stage of the Tour de France on July 10th (Etape) - to get off and have to walk would be scandalous !:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dude, that Extreme C is a ridonkulous-looking bike; I think it deserves some sort of ridonkulous Ti or Carbon bottle cage, especially if you can only mount one.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Seems almost blasphemous to put Shimano on a Colnago...:D Nice bike none the less.

·
Registered
127 Posts
:thumbsup: Nice one Kap, here is mine with sloping 48. I love my ride. New ES wheels on the way :p

·
limit screwed
806 Posts
colnago_ed said:
:thumbsup: Nice one Kap, here is mine with sloping 48. I love my ride. New ES wheels on the way :p
Love the barends, Ed. Very nice bike.

Totally out of curiosity, but would you have been able to fit the next size up? I see you've got some spacers under your stem and your seat is all the way back on a setback post. Then again, I don't know what the size increments Colnago offers in the sloping designs.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts