Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at frames for a while and have come across a brand new 2005 Colnago Mix frame for $1375. I don't know a whole lot about Colnago other than that everyone says they are the ferrari's of the cycling world. I have also considered the Cannondale Six13. Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
kicker127 said:
I have been looking at frames for a while and have come across a brand new 2005 Colnago Mix frame for $1375. I don't know a whole lot about Colnago other than that everyone says they are the ferrari's of the cycling world. I have also considered the Cannondale Six13. Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sounds a bit high for a lower end Colnago IMO....

here's a complete Mix from Sierra Trading post:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4826,66856_Colnago-Mix-B-Stay-Bike-with-Sloping-Frame-.html

·
l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
So-called life-time warranties mean absolutely nothing in the real world. You will be fine with the Cannondale, like you would be with the Orbea or Colnago. In real life terms, a one year warranty for somebody riding a bike is more than sufficient as the waarranty never covers wear and tear. The chances of a production defect surfacing after more than one year are as good as nil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.