Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding a Colnago Master Piu.
A club friend is looking to sell his master piu frame and thinks its a size 54cm.
I've always wanted a master but I'm 6ft, does anyone know if it would suit me?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding a Colnago Master Piu.
A club friend is looking to sell his master piu frame and thinks its a size 54cm.
I've always wanted a master but I'm 6ft, does anyone know if it would suit me?

Thanks
You provide very little information, but it is very unlikely that a 54 could be a good fit for someone 6 ft. tall.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,283 Posts
Too small. Tell Ernesto to weld spacers into the middles of the tubes.:idea:

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
They're measured center to top, so it would be 53 center to center which is way too small for someone 6' tall.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I wouldn't buy any frame, or rule out any frame, because someone 'thinks' it's a certain size. I assume you or your club mate knows how to use a tape measure.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
Doubt it but hop on it and give it a try. At a minimum you'll most likely need a 55 cm top tube and a true Colnago 54 cm will have, as noted above, about a 53 cm tt.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Based on the limited information provided, I'd say it's too small for a 6 footer.

Look for a 56-60cm frame, more likely a 58-60cm frame. If I really had to take a stab, I'd say 58.

Master Piu's look beautiful, but if they don't fit, who cares?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Depends in part on your inseam. I have a 56 I'm comfortable on. I'm 6'2". If he's a bud maybe take it to a good LBS and get a quick fit on it and see what they say. Maybe ride it some too. Nice to be on the smallest frame you can fit, it lets you get a very aggressive position and shaves a few grams.

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts
It's a great bike that is likely too small for you...unless you have the measurements of a Minion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts