Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Which Steel Colnago

• Colnago Master 30th AD10

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • new Colnago Master Saronni

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • new Colnago Master Molteni ( like Mapei's )

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Find a Super and refinish it as Molteni

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Find a Super and refinish it as PR82

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the time has come to order my Colnago Master frameset.

I was ready to order a Master 30th Anniversary on AD10, but now I am having my doubts.

I have just bought a Colnago Triomphe for very little

It costed me $170 including the bottom bracket, I bought a campagnolo headset for $30 so full cost was $200.

It is too small for me, and the paint is damaged but I did buy it because it is the perfect frame size for my nephew who is 20 and is just into building bicycles , fixies for him and his friends, I think he can refinish this frame and make himself a superbe single speed bike, we were looking at painters and Colnago stickers etc.

That got me thinking. and got me looking at red and orange Colnagos and now I am not sure of what would be the best paintscheme to have on a Master

Should I really buy the Master ? or would maybe be better to get one of those beaten up Super or Triomphe on my size, and refinish it on a nice classic paintjob like PR82 Saronni o maybe Molteni Orange?, that would cost less than a new Master, but off course would not be new.

Should I still go for the AD10, or maybe get a simpler PR82 or get a used master and refinish it Molteni Orange ?

what would you do ?

decisions, decisions ....

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Examples

Colnago AD10

Colnago Molteni

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
That AD-10 is Colnago class all the way. The Molteni? Who the heck would want that?

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.