Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, seller has this Colnago Dream B-Stay listed as a 55cm. Judging by the gap between the top tube and down tube at the juncture of the head tube, and using traditional colnago measuring as reference; doesn't this look more like a 53cm? Would be interested to know what you thought particularly if you own a Dream 55cm.
Cheers.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,287 Posts
I say it's a 53. It looks the same as my 53mm Dream. On mine, the distance is about the width of my thumb. You must remember, though, that Colnago measures seat tubes center-to-top. A 53 is the equivalent to a 52.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Mapei said:
I say it's a 53. It looks the same as my 53mm Dream. On mine, the distance is about the width of my thumb. You must remember, though, that Colnago measures seat tubes center-to-top. A 53 is the equivalent to a 52.
Actually, a 53 is about the equivalent of a 51. I think Colnago provides the C-C measurement in the geometry chart, or at least they did at one point.

I've got a 53 traditional C50 and I'll second, third, whoever is saying it is a 53. The width between the tubes for me is just enough to put my thumb in as already mentioned.

Ask the seller for a headtube measurement. This is usually the tell tale measurement for the frame and the measurement they can screw up the least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts