Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 1880 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to capture all my research on finding an extended bolt for thick saddle rails used with a Campy SR single-bolt seatpost:

The Campy SR seatpost bolt is rare. It's a Stainless steel 8mm x 1.0mm pitch x 42mm grip. What's rare is that 8mm bolts are normally 1.25mm pitch, not 1.0mm. To support the thicker rails I needed a 50mm grip bolt.

What I found:
8x1x50 doesn't exist in Stainless or in Titanium unless you go custom.
Shops like McMaster Carr, Grainger, or Mister Metric (SJC) might have such a bolt, but either they're plain steel (likely to corrode over time) or you need to buy a minimum of say 30 units.
I finally found a plated 8x1x50 bolt from Fastenal P/N 11114800 and was able to special order it to my local store.

It works! My biggest gripe now is that you need to carry a 13mm (or 1/2") wrench on rides in case it slips or need adjustment. But it looks like I finally lubed the right things and unlubed the other things so it's staying put now.
IMG_1576.jpg

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
You should order the 30 units from McMaster-Carr and package them up and sell them on FleaBay as aftermarket Campy Seatpost Bolts for a 1000% markup. :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
@jay2_aguilar

That's a very nice Colnago, I especially like the Colnago saddle. Nice touch!

Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colnago.jpg

Hi. I bought this recently, but I dont know much about it apart from:
It has RDV (ROGER DE VLAEMINCK) embossed / engraved near the saddle post
6 Speed Shimano 600
Original Mavic tubular wheels
Seems to be recently resprayed (well I think)

Any more info and a price estimate would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
Just picked up...almost sorted. Not really digging the c64s, so I got a 60 before they were all gone:

C60 48s PLWH
Campy Record 11 2015+ (w/165mm cranks 2014)
Fizik Kurve Bull saddle
Hed Belgium/White T-11; LIT tires
Keo Blade 2 Max 12nm

·
Registered
3 Posts
bike3.jpg bike2.jpg bike1.jpg
For some reason I had been excommunicated from this site. Now managed to rejoin.
I've sold six of my Colnagos over the last three years so now down to only seven. Pics (from SVB where purchased) of three of them. I also have a 1972 "Molteni" a 1968 and 1969 Super (playing card and tipo Roma) and a Mexico. Seriously beautiful bikes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,872
My brother just restored this bike. It's number 18 of only 55 ever made. The way I understand it, It's a Rominger Colnago special edition made to commemorate Tony Rominger's hour record of 55.291km. I believe it is based on a Colnago Technos. I've seen a number of counterfeit samples for sale recently but this one is authentic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,873
View attachment 321564

Hi. I bought this recently, but I dont know much about it apart from:
It has RDV (ROGER DE VLAEMINCK) embossed / engraved near the saddle post
6 Speed Shimano 600
Original Mavic tubular wheels
Seems to be recently resprayed (well I think)

Any more info and a price estimate would be appreciated.
Thanks
Can you share some more pictures of this bike? Maybe show some of the unique details of this sample?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Colnago C64 Mapei

Maiden Voyage

Definitely a great bike, not as plush as the C40 or C50 but it wants to be pushed hard :)

Reactions: quikrick1

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015? Colnago cx zero evo 50s

Matte finish
Full carbon
Campagnolo SR 11 groupset
Medium cage derailleur
Felt handlebar tape
Deda elementi rhm handlebar
Deda zero 2 60mm stem
Shimano Dura ace cassette 11-30
Shimano dura ace c24s
Ultegra chain
Vittoria corsa 2.0 graphene tires
Selle smp saddle
Assioma duo pedals

Bike is a size up. Next on the list is a proper bike fit and possibly a set of hyper x wheels. :)

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently acquired this Bike from someone leaving it in the garage for 7 years riding it intensively for 3.

It was originally purchased in Australia with a Dura Ace 7900 groupset and corresponding wheels.

I totally stripped the bike. Removed all bearings, bottom bracket, headtube and made a small makeover.

Bike has now the following specs:

Ceramic speed bearings in bottombracket and headtune
Campagnolo Super Record 50/34 11 speed groupset
Deda Handlebar Full Carbon
Selle Italia SLR saddle
Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels.

the joy of rebuilding it to a full Italo configuration costed me a few weeks but really enjoyed the process.

right now only 1 upgrade is underway, a pair of Campagnolo Shamal wheels.

Its my first Colnago and the ride and Joy is absolutely fantastic. Feel gratefully to ride a bike like this.

Attachments

1861 - 1880 of 1880 Posts