Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk of "1lb of fat vs. 1lb of bike" and saving/losing weight I'm curious if anyone has tried a colonic as a way to shed unwanted weight right before a hilly race or time trial. I've heard this is a popular procedure for the spa/clinic crowd. I've heard it could shed 5-8 lbs of unwanted "stuff" from your body. Really yucky but would it be effective? :confused:

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
I'm glad there isn't a picture symbol next to this post!

mr meow meow said:
With all the talk of "1lb of fat vs. 1lb of bike" and saving/losing weight I'm curious if anyone has tried a colonic as a way to shed unwanted weight right before a hilly race or time trial. I've heard this is a popular procedure for the spa/clinic crowd. I've heard it could shed 5-8 lbs of unwanted "stuff" from your body. Really yucky but would it be effective? :confused:
5-8 lbs!!!??? Are you smoking crack???

·
Registered
44 Posts
mr meow meow said:
I guess it depends on how full of $h1t you are in the first place ;)

Anyways, the idea of having a hosepipe up your jacksey just before a big race would not go down in my book as ideal race preparation - although you might need some "Preparation H" afterwards :eek:

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Try about 1-2 lbs.

I did a bowel prep for a colonoscopy (today). I shed about 2 lbs. Trust me, it ain't worth it. :eek:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm totally serious.....

but I had no idea of the intrusive nature of the procedure. I guess it doesn't sound too pleasant... I thought a colonic was just fasting and drinking a bunch of water with some massage thrown in for good measure.....

like in my original post...just curious..

Thanks

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
How about performance debilitating

mr meow meow said:
Besides losing some solid weight you will lose quite a bit of liquid weight. For any endurance event you will need all the fluids you can get. Not a good idea to start dehydrated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Directly before a race would be a bad idea but depending

on your elimination history it could be helpfull if done on off days during a training program or rest period.

A colonic would drain the minerals, vitamins, and electolytes from your body. It might stir up old putrified wastes. You could feel exhausted after a colonic. So don't do it before a race or a training ride.

If you have either normal or severe gastro intestional problems, it could in the long run give you strength and stamina. It could allow you to lose weiight and invigorate your entire system. While doing it and directly after, you should use probiotics intensely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Colonic

mr meow meow said:
:p try this colonic out, have a plate a fava beans and a glass of chianti, you'll shed that unwanted stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.