Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
8,000 Posts
Michelin Man said:
Red, yellow, dark blue, and our digital blue are all now available.
Maybe some day, just PLAIN BLACK!

I might just go back to the Ultremo too get all bacl agin, even though I prefer these just a tad more overall!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Michelin Man said:
We will have an all black tire and it will hit the markets some time later this summer.
Why is black the last to come out? I have a difficult time believing people buy colored tires over black. Once I go through my supply of P2R 25s maybe the Pro3s will be available in 25/black.

Tim McTeague
 

· Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
mcteague said:
Why is black the last to come out? I have a difficult time believing people buy colored tires over black. Once I go through my supply of P2R 25s maybe the Pro3s will be available in 25/black.

Tim McTeague
Not sure why they are among the last to come out. I would imagine it is because it is a new tire for us and they wanted to release the "standard" colors which is the red, light blue, dark blue and yellow first. The all black tires will be released when the signal orange and neon flash are being released.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,000 Posts
Michelin Man said:
We will have an all black tire and it will hit the markets some time later this summer.
Great!
 

· Shut up legs!
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mcteague said:
Why is black the last to come out? I have a difficult time believing people buy colored tires over black. Once I go through my supply of P2R 25s maybe the Pro3s will be available in 25/black.

Tim McTeague


But the black with gray tread came out first. Isn't that considered releasing the non-flashy color version first ?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Hey, at least we're getting a black tire from michelin. In the mean time, I think I'll try the new(ish) Continental GP4000S to see how I like it. Sucks it can't be the prorace 3s, though.
I tried the 4000s and didn't like it. A couple of flats and a sidewall blew after 3 rides, so I tried the Pro 3 (grey stripe).

Feels a lot better, easier to seat on the wheel and looks better. I was looking for an alternative to Vittoria open corsa (only a cost issue), so the Pro 3 seems like the winner.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
corky said:
when wiil the light grey ones come to market?
A light grey Pro3 Race is not currently in our product plans for 2008, we are focused on key colors for the market such as the dark grey, and primary colors. In September Michelin will introduce 3 new colors of the Pro3 Race, however light grey is not one of them.
 

· Northern Michigan
Joined
·
96 Posts
Michelin Man said:
A light grey Pro3 Race is not currently in our product plans for 2008, we are focused on key colors for the market such as the dark grey, and primary colors. In September Michelin will introduce 3 new colors of the Pro3 Race, however light grey is not one of them.

I just found your post while googling to see if the Light grey had been released yet. The Michelin website shows Light grey as an option. I Know you know Michelin tires so I ask again No light grey Pro 3 race.

I have been riding my PR2's a little two long waiting for the 3's to come out but I must have Light grey. Anything else just wont work.





Do you see my problem? Do I have to buy up all the pr2's in light grey?
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top