Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colorado RBR group ride - all are welcome (non-RBR members especially)
Monday, May 26th (Memorial Day)
9:00am - we will leave promptly at 9am so be ready to ride at that time
High Grade/City View loop

Meet: C470/Wadsworth Blvd - take Wadsworth exit from C470. Head south on Wadsworth (towards Chatfield SP) 1/4 mile to intersection with Deer Creek Canyon Rd. Turn right (west) onto Deer Creek and park on either side of the road - there are gravel spots on both sides of the road. Look for a group of people who don't look like they know what's going on. That will be us.

This is a tough loop with a lot of climbing. We will ride up High Grade and come back down Deer Creek Canyon and meet back at the vehicles. Some of us will also be going to the Morrison Inn afterwards for Mexican food and margaritas.

·
Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To help in the meeting in the morning (parking lot may be quite busy), I'll try to be the point person. I drive a black Jeep Wrangler with a brown soft top (if it's up) and ride a black Kuota.

·
Seat's not level
19,392 Posts
Bulldozer said:
To help in the meeting in the morning (parking lot may be quite busy), I'll try to be the point person. I drive a black Jeep Wrangler with a brown soft top (if it's up) and ride a black Kuota.
I'll see you in the morning. White Dodge Dakota quad cab with a Yak rack on the tonneau.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Chain said:
I'll see you in the morning. White Dodge Dakota quad cab with a Yak rack on the tonneau.
did you guys ride? I ended up camping (and riding the 29er). Was pretty rainy last night and today.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Sorry I missed it. It was pretty wet up by Evergreen on the way back.

·
Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rain held out for the whole ride. The fog, on the other hand, did not. Riding in the fog is so surreal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.