Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dropout
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning commute from Longmont to Boulder, Colorado. Distance 13.8 miles,
nice sunny day about 45 degrees F, slight tailwind.

The first three are heading west in Longmont

Pasture with Longs Peak in the background

1980 Mercian with components spanning 30 years, newly resurrected

More views along Airport Road

Future jerseys

For another type of riding

Along the Diagonal Highway

5 miles from Boulder, but I'm turning left just over the rise.

I can never smile for timer shots

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
cool shots. i ride that area all the time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Beautiful shots!

Looks a little warmer than my commute was, just over the other side of the divide in Grand County. We got hammered with snow today.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
familiar

Your photos are great. I went to boarding school at ADS between Lafayette and Longmont from 1981-1983. It is not a boarding school anymore. I love that area. When my dad still lived in Mead, I always brought a bike when I visited. I really enjoy the ride up to Ward, then south to Nederland and Down the canyon back into Boulder. The mother of a guy I went to school with owned a restaraunt in Lyons. I think it was called Andrea's. I still remember the smell of Tanaka Farms when they would have sheep eat the leftover cabbage out in the fields. Memories. I have a Mercian KOM 531C with the barber stripe seat tube. It is currently in storage back on the mainland.

·
Dropout
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigbill said:
Your photos are great. I went to boarding school at ADS between Lafayette and Longmont from 1981-1983. It is not a boarding school anymore. I love that area. When my dad still lived in Mead, I always brought a bike when I visited. I really enjoy the ride up to Ward, then south to Nederland and Down the canyon back into Boulder. The mother of a guy I went to school with owned a restaraunt in Lyons. I think it was called Andrea's. I still remember the smell of Tanaka Farms when they would have sheep eat the leftover cabbage out in the fields. Memories. I have a Mercian KOM 531C with the barber stripe seat tube. It is currently in storage back on the mainland.
Thanks for the comments. I ride out to Mead pretty often, it's still country out there which is great. Andrea's is still in Lyons. See the regional Rocky Mt forum; someone posted ride pics today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts