Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some years I have employed an older model Easton EC70, 350mm, 27.2 seatpost in my Pinarello Columbus TSX Gavia. I still have an aero 27.2, 200mm Campy Chorus seatpost and am considering reinstalling it. It really would just be for aesthetics as the bicycle is all Campy and kind of a classic.

From what I can find, the Easton post is 200gms and the Chorus SP is 248gms. So, really not a lot of weight penalty (the alloy post is 150mm shorter and that will still work). But I wonder what people think I will notice about the ride? Is the carbon post that I have been using for years smoothing out my ride, or will I not notice a difference?

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts
The most likely reason why you have not gotten any replies is that most people just don't know. Only you will know if the carbon post feels different from your Campy post. Swap out the posts, ride, and let us know. I'm interested in in what you find. As an aside, I swapped out a Thomson Masterpiece Layback for a WCS carbon post and did not perceive any difference. However, the greatest difference I felt was between the said Thomson and a Syntace P6 alloy zero offset. To me, a bent post vs. straight post demonstrated more of a difference than alloy vs. carbon. Or maybe it was the slightly different riding position. Who knows. But the point is that you will likely not feel a big difference and should go with the one that makes the bike look better.

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
For some years I have employed an older model Easton EC70, 350mm, 27.2 seatpost in my Pinarello Columbus TSX Gavia. I still have an aero 27.2, 200mm Campy Chorus seatpost and am considering reinstalling it. It really would just be for aesthetics as the bicycle is all Campy and kind of a classic.

From what I can find, the Easton post is 200gms and the Chorus SP is 248gms. So, really not a lot of weight penalty (the alloy post is 150mm shorter and that will still work). But I wonder what people think I will notice about the ride? Is the carbon post that I have been using for years smoothing out my ride, or will I not notice a difference?
Consensus is that for an equal length of exposed post, most people cannot tell the difference between seat posts. Of course some people can't sleep on a mattress with a pea under it, so beware! Ride it and tell us what you learned.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
My guess is you will not notice a difference in ride quality but you will feel much better as the Campy aero post is possibly the most beautiful design and will complement that bike nicely.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made the swap and don't notice the difference. If anything, the bike feels more lively and less muted, but certainly not uncomfortable. It certainly looks happier with the missing Campy post back in place. :)
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork Bicycle handlebar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts