Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously - beat to pieces, I've been very sore for nearly a week now. I'm used to pushing hard to make gains and being sore, but this is different. I took a high effort ride out of turn and I am not recovering.

I have no strength to pull, the pace lines are no problem, my low effort spin for super steep hills is OK. It's the 85-90 RPM 23-25 MPH that's gone as soon as I hit the front to pull. It feels like a Muscle thing and not a Lung/HR thing. I have been taking it easy on the rides, and I took today off.

Any wisdom to pass ?

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
Pizza and beer fix legs up fine. After that motor pacing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When my legs get to feeling that weary I take a few days off the bike or ride three or four rides at an active recovery pace, that woks for me

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
NEO Dan said:
Any wisdom to pass ?
yes. 3 days of couch potato-hood. eat healthy (and lightly), sleep lots, do zero activity.

you have my personal guarantee that on the 4th day, you will feel absolutely fantastic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i will echo creaky's advice and also keep yourself well hydrated. 2nd or 3rd day back on the bike, you'll feel like superman.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,
Yesterday I took a down day and got lots of sleep and food. Today I took a short SLOW ride with a rider who got dropped because she was having some breathing problems. She is an asthmatic with all sorts of allergies and they are harvesting crops here so the air is thick with all sorts of bad stuff for her.

The legs feel like they are almost back to normal. Tomorrow is a normal 30 mile low-medium effort ride, Thursday is back to real effort.

Thanks for the tips, I was beginning to wonder if I had really done some long term damage to the legs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts