Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i took my girly out for some classy food tonight (taco smell). we came to the 4-way stop on campus, so we're in a car, and we stop. these 2 yoohoos on bikes come flying up, all drafting and pretending to be awesome, and blow through the stop sign, right as i'm about to go. so, i have to stop...then, the guy in second kinda slows down and looks bewildered before signalling and turning, again without stopping.

then, about 4 blocks off campus (it's getting dark about this time) there's another yoohoo pedalling away on his old bike that he crammed with lightweight performance parts...so naturally, he removed all reflectors too...oh, and he was wearing black clothes and junk. so, after nearly nailing this guy (it was an oddly lit section of an uphill road, visibility wasn't too great), we finally make it to taco hell.

now, my concern as a biker is the traffic laws...all i saw tonight was that traffic laws apparently don't apply to bikes around here. the town my college is in is touted as one of the most bike-friendly in michigan, but i'm wondering if too many yoohoos on fancy bikes aren't going to change that.

anywho, i'm just ranting at this point...anybody have any thoughts on yoohoo/dark-dressed/non-reflectored dumbass bike riders?

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
hit 'em. you know you'll never get in trouble for it, and you'll be helping the gene pool.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the above is either sarcasm or irony. or is it allegory? anyway, it's not serious so relax.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
bike ninjas. watch out for them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts