Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm sure I won't be the first to tell you this, but the most important thing in a bike is that it fits. If it doesn't fit, it won't be comfortable, and you won't ride it. I suggest for a first bike you go to a local bike shop and buy there. They will also be able to fix and adjust your bike for you as you go, which you will almost certainly need to do.

Having said that, I'd say bypass the Trek 1200. I own the Trek 1500, and it has been a great first bike. But, the way it was explained to me, the 1200 is not a significant upgrade from the 1000. The price jump from the 1200 to the 1500 is small, but the quality increase is pretty big. Also, the price on that bike on ebay is not that far off retail. I'd pass on it if I were you and go to a local dealer and get set up by a pro. Spend a couple 100 more now, and you'll be much happier in the long run.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I second JMac that you would do better going to a local shop where you can finger the merchandise. This bike has a lot of miles on it for the price, in spite of the fact the seller is throwing in a spare set of wheels. The price on it is way too close to retail considering the number of miles on it.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
I see a few things. First, shipping is not free. You will be paying for that. Second, there are two sets of wheels shown, but I dodn't see that they are both included with the bike. Third, I think the price is too high. It shouldn't go over $600 or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.