Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of the race route and set up for this year as opposed to past years? I've got to say, I like it. Much was made of the fact that this year's course is easier because there are fewer mountains but I liked Stage 1 and the 2km uphill finish at the end, breakaway that survived on Stage 3 during the first week, the early ITT time trial in Stage 4 and that Stage 6 to Super Bresse will finish on top of a Stage 2 mountain, significant enough to make it interesting but not HC like Hautacaum or Alpe d' Huez that only a pure mountain climber or top GC contender can win the stage. This first week set up seems to have something for both the pure sprinters and classic riders. I enjoy a good sprint finish as much as anyone else but I cannot stand the Tours of year's past (especially the Lance years) with the first week and a half being flat stage sprint finishes that are interesting to watch for basically the last 10 minutes. VS is showing at least 3 hours of coverage everyday - I want a course that allows it to be entertaining.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.