Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am considering two different frames - both steel, one lugged, one tig.

Lugged one is a Croll (NOS) off ebay - seller says that it is 531 and comes with a matching fork.

Tig-frame - Burley Wolf Creek - Alpha Q fork - True Temper Platinum.

Would be same price?

Just wondering peoples opinions on them.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,415 Posts
Depends on how heavy you are and how hard you are going to ride. If you are 160 pounds, either bike will be fine. If you are 190 and ride "normal", either bike will be fine. If you are 190 and ride "hard", and take turns in the high 20's, you might want to go with the True Temper tubeset ( if it was built with "oversized" tubes )

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MR_GRUMPY said:
Depends on how heavy you are and how hard you are going to ride. If you are 160 pounds, either bike will be fine. If you are 190 and ride "normal", either bike will be fine. If you are 190 and ride "hard", and take turns in the high 20's, you might want to go with the True Temper tubeset ( if it was built with "oversized" tubes )
thanks, grumpy,

um, i do weight about 160-170, and like the other poster said, the burley would probably be a bit lighter.

i think that i might just kind of be suckered by the Croll since it is such a nice looking frame.

i would put myself in the category of "pretend" racer - i am on a team, have raced, but am also sort of looking towards moving away from that for various reasons.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
lousylegs said:
thanks, grumpy,

um, i do weight about 160-170, and like the other poster said, the burley would probably be a bit lighter.

i think that i might just kind of be suckered by the Croll since it is such a nice looking frame.

i would put myself in the category of "pretend" racer - i am on a team, have raced, but am also sort of looking towards moving away from that for various reasons.
Does it have a carbon rear? Sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts