Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Less than 20

Votes: 3 2.5%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed most of my fellow commuters this morning had grey hair, and I was inspired by that, so I thought I would post a poll and see how old you all are.........Thanks MTT :thumbsup:

·
abominable slowman
1,072 Posts
But maybe I don't count because I don't really commute : )

I work from home, but use my bikes to go to meetings and run errands etc.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
llama31 said:
But maybe I don't count because I don't really commute : )

I work from home, but use my bikes to go to meetings and run errands etc.
Funny you should say that just now- there` a discussion on mtbr about what exactly a bike commuter is. General consensus is that grocery fetchers and errand runners who don`t ride to work for one reason or another are pretty much commuters by "spirit of the law".

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Come on, guys; we greyhairs have to stand up and be counted (and show these young 'uns how it's done).

John Cavilia, age 58 3/4, every-day commuter (except for 2 months of icy roads, which I HOPE ends next week).

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
I expected a higher number of college aged people. Maybe they all have motor vehicles these days. I didn't have a truck until I was a 5th year senior and still chose to ride, as I didn't have to deal with finding a parking space.

Now, in my 30's, the ability to commute by bicycle is a factor in choosing an employer, like there is much of a choice this year.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I'm 66 and commute 18 miles each way. My criteria for riding are clear roads and 15 F +. If those two are met, I'm riding.

No gray hair though. There's so little that I shave my head.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I'm 27.

I also rock.

joe

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Ages are pretty evenly distributed in your poll, definitely not bell-curvish.

I'm 55 and I've had gray hair since I was in my 20s. I also bike commuted when I was in college.

·
Cheese is my copilot
3,876 Posts
rodar y rodar said:
Funny you should say that just now- there` a discussion on mtbr about what exactly a bike commuter is. General consensus is that grocery fetchers and errand runners who don`t ride to work for one reason or another are pretty much commuters by "spirit of the law".
They're very serious over there, aren't they?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You think the grey hair would have something to do with age. It probably has more to do with the life style of a biker. I'd say working the streets like NYC would be more than enough to cause greyness.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
44 in May. Commute 43 round trip. I commute in cold or wet but usually not both. I live in a rural area with only one main (two lane) road between me and work so bad weather is a no-go. I leave the house at 5am usually leave work by 3:30. I have some gray hair but not that much. It is my sincere hope to spend some time with gray hair before it's all gone. I am in the military so I am clean shaven but earlier this year I went a week without shaving and my beard is salt and pepper.

·
abominable slowman
1,072 Posts
I saw that thread

rodar y rodar said:
The funny thing is that I sometimes feel jealous of "real" bike-commuters and then I remember how nice it is not to have a commute at all. I used to have long, non-bikable commutes, and this lifestyle is much better.:thumbsup:

·
Burnum Upus Quadricepus
2,017 Posts
52 here. Commuting every day for three years at the end of next month. Still haven't found conditions I can't (or won't) ride in.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
i'm not 31 till May so i'm still in the first age bracket w00tw00t!

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
gutfiddle said:
i'm not 31 till May so i'm still in the first age bracket w00tw00t!

Get a cane, ya fogie!

joe

·
Done
4,509 Posts
MTT said:
I noticed most of my fellow commuters this morning had grey hair, and I was inspired by that, so I thought I would post a poll and see how old you all are.........Thanks MTT :thumbsup:
I just turned 48. Commute 15 miles each way most days.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts