Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting into riding my bike to work and enjoy seeing what other people ride. Please submit a picture of your ride in commuter mode if you have one. If there already is a thread devoted to this I apologize.
Thanks

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
I drive a Cannondale Cyclo-Cross

With added rack and pannier

and emergency bottle opener.

In case my helpers aren't around

·
LCI #1853
136 Posts
I used my Fisher Caliber 29er for about a year, and invested in a Specialized Globe commuter back the end of May:

A chunk of my route covers a floodplain and some single-track, so the Fisher is still on standby depending on river conditions...

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
This is my main commuter.

This was my winter commuter, now retired.

This is the replacement for my winter commuter...

·
Riding towards Delmarva.
790 Posts
My Soma Double Cross.
simple rear rack with cheap panniers, one grocery bag. REI trunk rack/bag.
Front Tubus Tara rack (yes!) with cheap Nashbar waterproof panniers.
Fat 28mm Michelin City tires with reflective sidewalls.
50/39 w 12/27 (triple rear derailler)
Nitto Noodle handlebar
And a bell.

birth...
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=133886&highlight=soma

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
Here's my Soma. She's been my main mode of transportation for about 4 months or so. Car-less in OC!

Single Speed Tank.

joe

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
My two main commuters

I commute pretty well every day. Ride to work is about 30 km but I often take the bike part way on transit. If I need to carry stuff, I use my Atlantis (doubles as my touring bike). If everything I need will fit in a small messenger bag, I use my converted to fix gear Landshark (with eno hub).

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Here is mine. These are shots I took while living in Hawaii. It is a Gunnar Crosshairs with a shimagnolo drivetrain. It now has black fenders with lots of hi-viz yellow decals but other than that it is the same. I occassionally run a set of Jandt panniers if I have a lot of stuff to carry. My commute is 21.5 miles each way so I try to keep the cargo to a minimum.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
I thought you commuted on a Soma, Bill?

joe

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.