Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on commuting 3 times a week - it will be 36 miles round trip. I will probably eat after I get to work. I need something nutritous - I'm thinking either a PB & J sandwich or cold cereal or hardboiled eggs - I'm not fond of energy bars - I don't really have access to a microwave. Those of you that commute, what do you do for breakfast?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I commute 36 miles RT 4 days a week. I eat bowl of cereal and piece of string cheese before I leave in the morning. When I get to work I usually eat one or two apples and a clif bar or something similar. I typically drink 32 oz of water and 1 or 2 cups of coffee before lunch also.

1,130 Posts
Coffee and a Clif bar, once I get to work

I ride 20 miles roundtrip -- quite a bit shorter than your commute.

I skip breakfast, ride to work, shower, suit and tie, then get a cup of coffee to go with the warehouse of Clif bars I store in my office.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I commute 38 round trip. I finish my large water bottle of water as I wait in line for my large decaf coffee. Maybe I get a treat (danish, scone, etc), but usually I'll start grazing on the food I bring in around 9 or so (2 PB&J sandwiches, fruit, cookies and snack/energy bars - 1.5 hours after getting in). Around 10 or so I usually sneak out and get some fresh fruit (oranges are my favorite). I graze constantly...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.