Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try my hand at commuting to work a day or two a week. It will be over 2 hours each way. The question I have is what do you guys do about clothes? Do you put the shorts and jersey that you wore in the morning back on for the commute home? I am not so worried about the jersey but putting the shorts back on seems a bit questionable.

· Registered
2,076 Posts
Joe the biker said:
I am going to try my hand at commuting to work a day or two a week. It will be over 2 hours each way. The question I have is what do you guys do about clothes? Do you put the shorts and jersey that you wore in the morning back on for the commute home? I am not so worried about the jersey but putting the shorts back on seems a bit questionable.
Seems fine to me.

· Low rep power
6,294 Posts
Yep..

· Registered
31 Posts
Moderation

Be cautious about this experiment as ive found that the longer the distance to commute to work the less cycling i do and i lose my my passion and enthusiasm quickly and it becomes a boring chore.:idea: :idea:

· What the what???
12,986 Posts
It helps if you have a place to lay out the clothes to dry. Don't pack them away while you're at work or you risk having them ferment. You'll pray for a headwind to keep the smell away from you :).

· Registered
126 Posts
Joe the biker said:
If it's a concern, why limit yourself to one pair of shorts?

· Registered
14,776 Posts
I wear the same ones home, but my commute is considerably shorter than yours. I'd probably try it with your route, but as others have said, hang them up all day somewhere with good air circulation so they dry without germ growth. And watch out for saddle sores and similar irritation. If you have any problem, start bringing a second pair for the ride home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.