Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife teaches an early morning class at our church for about 10 high school students before their HS day starts ("seminary" for the LDS among us), which means starting at 6:00. Fortunately, the building is within a mile of our house. Since the kids often are too bleary at that time to get breakfast, she's taken to making bread for them, and taking the bread, a toaster, and a cube of butter so that they can eat during her class.

I usually leave for work about the time she leaves to teach, but this morning I was still there when the phone rang a little after 6:00. "I forgot the butter. Can you bring it?"

I grab the butter and head to work via the church. When I get there, I walk into the room--Metro with earflaps and visor, flasher and mirror; glasses (though not mirrorshades--it's still dark in the morning), yellow/gray jacket, black gloves, and MUSA pants above MTB shoes. Her class looks at me. So I ask "Ma'm, are you the one who ordered this butter?" Smack the container down on the table, say "Glad to be of service" and snap a sharp salute, turn on my heel and head back outside.

There was total silence for about 10 seconds before the laughter started...

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

Man, I really want a photo of that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts