Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost ready to start commuting to school and back, but I still have some questions. I don't want to ride with a heavy back pack on my back, so I've thought about getting cages for the back of my bike. They look like cage saddle bags. Before i do this i wanted to ask for advice from you commuters about the best way to lug my bag around. I think throwing it in the cages would be great, any other ideas?

B.L.

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about, could you post a photo?

links0311 said:
I am almost ready to start commuting to school and back, but I still have some questions. I don't want to ride with a heavy back pack on my back, so I've thought about getting cages for the back of my bike. They look like cage saddle bags. Before i do this i wanted to ask for advice from you commuters about the best way to lug my bag around. I think throwing it in the cages would be great, any other ideas?

B.L.
Now, let me say that you are thinking way too much.

Grab your junk, attach it any old way and ride to school. Then lock your bike really well.

That is it and that is all. Until you have ridden to school at least once you are going to be clueless. Once you have ridden to school a few times you are going to be an expert.

So get riding.

· Registered
192 Posts
100% agree with MB1

Get on with it!
Commuting is not a science to be analaysed down to the nth degree !
Get on your bike and go to your destination. Regarding carrying your kit my advise is experiment. Most people don't like carrying stuff on their backs but I find it easiest and quickest - even when I go for a long ride before work.then again I don't ever have to contend with very hot weather. Next time you post let it be a commute report!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.