Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've often seen pictures here taken with a digi point and shoot and none of them seem to have this problem I have. All my pictures turn out blue and the colors are not strong. I have a pretty decent point and shoot, a Sony Cyber Shot, but nothing seems to work. Should I give up and start saving for another camera?
<----for example see avatar :rolleyes:
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Your camera is likely set for indoor photography.

zeytin said:
I've often seen pictures here taken with a digi point and shoot and none of them seem to have this problem I have. All my pictures turn out blue and the colors are not strong. I have a pretty decent point and shoot, a Sony Cyber Shot, but nothing seems to work. Should I give up and start saving for another camera?
Thanks,
It probably has some control/menu function that you need to set the white balance setting to standard or outdoor.

Not really all that big of a deal, drop by my cube and I'll show you how to fix it. :D

·
Polka Power
1,346 Posts
zeytin said:
Thanks,
Look through your manual and find how to set the white balance. It should have settings like "sunny", "cloudy", "tungsten" (lightbulb), etc. Match this up to what you are taking pictures of and you should be good to go. The camera should also have an auto white balance option. If you haven't tried this give it a shot. Sometimes this works good, sometimes not.

If not try www.picasa.com . It's a program that has controls that should let you adjust your pictures afterwards...and it's fairly easy to use and free.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks All! :D Found it and changed it! It was set for indoors; no wonder I had such a problem.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
zeytin said:
Thanks All! :D Found it and changed it! It was set for indoors; no wonder I had such a problem.
I actually liked the look-sort of.

Still, enough is enough. I am glad you are fixing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts