Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
la dolce vita
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
JiminyJim said:
I ordered one about a month ago. I am looking forward to riding it but not paying for it :)
Curious to know if you are the first to buy one. Any indication from anyone that you dealt with?
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
neil0502 said:
Anybody feel like getting me one???

New Moots Comooter



Please?

I'd be grateful.

Thanks.
That is sweet. Does it come as a complete bike or frame only? Probably need a chainguard for it if you commute in non-cycling attire though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I don't know if I'm the first. Moots hasn't led on that I might be. Got word from my LBS that it will be another 2-3 weeks before it arrives. I inquired about a chainguard and was disappointed that they couldn't add one. Some pictures I've seen have had a guard on the chainring but not a full length guard like I was wanting.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
181 Posts
Beautiful, could never commute on it though, NYC-theft, it wouldn't last a day. Much less I wouldn't want to scuff it locking it up w/ a chain. Commuters are supposed to be cheap, damageable, dirty and reliable, not fancy. This looks more like a sunday in the park stroll with the girlfriend type ride to me.

Beauty nontheless.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
gitoutdaway said:
Beautiful, could never commute on it though, NYC-theft, it wouldn't last a day. Much less I wouldn't want to scuff it locking it up w/ a chain. Commuters are supposed to be cheap, damageable, dirty and reliable, not fancy. This looks more like a sunday in the park stroll with the girlfriend type ride to me.

Beauty nontheless.
Yup...a $9k commuter is kind of an oxymoron.
 

·
Cat 6
Joined
·
4,695 Posts
It's damn gorgeous but that's way over the top for a city/commuter bike. I just bought a beater Masi for commuting at < $400...20x price tag would definitely not fly. I'd have a tough time commuting with 8 kryptonite locks on my person.
 

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
30,946 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Yup...a $9k commuter is kind of an oxymoron.
True...OTOH, who other than a serious roadie would know they were looking at an $8k bike?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
As a Moots owner, I have to say, this bike has to be one of the stupidest ideas I have seen. Seriously, who buys a 9k commuter? WTF was Moots thinking? It's just dumb marketing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
loudog said:
theres always people willing to fork out for the best.
The best what? Commuter? That comment is just silly. More expensive isn't necessarily better.
 

·
la dolce vita
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
We all assume that one's "commute" is in a big city. What if one commutes from the house on the shore to the law office in the village, parking the bike inside? Hmmm. Let us not pigeonhole what a "commute" is. Moots have never been about mass market and that is what makes a frame of theirs special. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Marc said:
True...OTOH, who other than a serious roadie would know they were looking at an $8k bike?
For me, that's one of the greatest pleasures of my Vamoots: few to none have any idea what it is.

Those who do? Well, then ... I know I'm talking to a bike person :thumbsup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Mootsie said:
We all assume that one's "commute" is in a big city. What if one commutes from the house on the shore to the law office in the village, parking the bike inside? Hmmm. Let us not pigeonhole what a "commute" is. Moots have never been about mass market and that is what makes a frame of theirs special. :thumbsup:
Diamond-studded cell phones aren't about mass market either. That doesn't mean they're not a stupid idea. But, as they say, de gustibus non disputandum. Personally, I'd buy any other model of Moots before that one.
 

·
la dolce vita
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
FondriestFan said:
Diamond-studded cell phones aren't about mass market either. That doesn't mean they're not a stupid idea. But, as they say, de gustibus non disputandum. Personally, I'd buy any other model of Moots before that one.
"Stupid is as stupid does"
Forest Gump
 

·
Thom H
Joined
·
225 Posts
Well, I have probably pissed away more money than that on being stupid, but that sure is a nice bike. If it were about $3 k cheaper there would be one in my house now. I commute every day to work and park my cheepass Surly 1x rat bike in the office with me. I got no problems with anyone buying anything if they can step up and get it. Yea if you have lock it up on the street it would be gone. I rarely lock any of my bikes, they come with me. I do lock the Surly up out side the brew pub a couple nights a week however.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
JiminyJim, how about a ride report and some photos.

I would love to own that bike but like any commuting bike I have it is a problem of not being able to bring it inside for safe keeping.

But I can still dream.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top