Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im using a fsa compact crank, wish i love, the gearing works out great for me.
but never having one nor knowing anyone with one, i dont know if the upshift is normal or not.
when i shift from the small ring up to the large i have to ease off the presure to get it to shift, other wise the chain just rubs on the large ring. do all compacts do this because of the gearing jump?
i'm also using the fsa front derailleur. could it be the derailleur?

thanks
karl

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
quickKarl said:
im using a fsa compact crank, wish i love, the gearing works out great for me.
but never having one nor knowing anyone with one, i dont know if the upshift is normal or not.
when i shift from the small ring up to the large i have to ease off the presure to get it to shift, other wise the chain just rubs on the large ring. do all compacts do this because of the gearing jump?
i'm also using the fsa front derailleur. could it be the derailleur?

thanks
karl
You might try more tention on the derailer cable. I don't have problems shifting.
Also: What derailleur are you using? DA 7700 works better I have found than ultegra 6500. You can pick them up cheap on ebay and they work well with either 9 or 10sp. No problems with Ultegra 6600.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
My fsa running under an ultegra 6600 derailleur doesn't show that sort of trouble. It might have something to do with derailleur plate shapes or similar, or it might only be an adjustment question - exactly parallel to the rings, only a few mm's from the big ring (though they can be too close, too.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.