Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped out my FSA chain rings for Stonglight CT2 chain rings and I can't get shifting to work.
I'm running a compact setup: FSA SLK crank, 50/34 rings, Campy Chorus Compact derailleur, and a Campy Ultra Narrow chain.
The problem is that I can't adjust the derailleur so it shifts from the small to large chain ring. The big chain ring doesn't pick up the chain it just slides against the side. Shifting worked with my previous setup (note that I upgraded to the UN chain at the same time).

I'm looking for a sanity check to see if this setup should work. Anyone have any experience with Stronglight Chain rings in a 10 speed compact configuration?

When I get a chance I'm going to put the old chain rings back on and see how they work with the UN chain. I'll also try the old chain with the Stronglight rings.

Mike

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Shifting pins?

Are the shifting pins on both large chainrings similar (size, shape, location)? Is the spacing between the rings the same? These seem like the most likely candidates for a difference between the rings. You can obviously play with the height and angle of the FD to try to address this. The other thing to try for diagnosis is to put a different chain on. If it is the chain, this might suggest that the narrower chain wants a narrower spacing between the rings, though many will tell you that they have had no problems with 10s systems and 9s chainring spacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.