Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Rolf Prima Vigors about a month ago. I am in love with everything about this wheelset. At $800 I don't want to quickly destroy this wheelset by riding it everyday. Is there anything comparable to this wheelset that won't cost me $800? I thought about going with a set of Niobiums built up by Mike Garcia for $429 but would like to see what else there is to choose from.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jtferraro said:
I believe the AM Classic 420's are the same rim.
I used to have a set of the AC 420's but sold them with my Tarmac last year. I have been trying to find another set for the price that I paid for those. I picked those up brand new for $500. If I ever run across another set of the 420's for that price, it will be second wheelset.

·
Maybe Next Year
121 Posts
kevinmcdade said:
I bought a set of Rolf Prima Vigors about a month ago. I am in love with everything about this wheelset. At $800 I don't want to quickly destroy this wheelset by riding it everyday. Is there anything comparable to this wheelset that won't cost me $800? I thought about going with a set of Niobiums built up by Mike Garcia for $429 but would like to see what else there is to choose from.
The Reynolds Alta, the Bontrager Race Lite and Race X Lite Aero have similar profiles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts