Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How stiff is the orbea opal compared to other race bikes? People ask me how stiff it is and i can't give a good answer. I test rode a lot of bikes but they all had diff. tires/wheels.
thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
I can't truly compare it to anything else since I haven't ridden other carbon or Als, only steel. I rode the Orca (3-5' maybe) but not enough to honestly say.

The Opal is a stiff frame, compared to my old steel ride, but not harshly so, feedback from the road is pronounced but muffled. This is more of a performance bike than anything else.
If you're looking for a bike that have a 60% performance qualities and 40% comfort, then this your bike. If you're looking for more comfort than anything else, look elsewhere, perhaps the Orca which I've heard is a "softer" ride.

My two cents,
Corsaire :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Update:

I switch the Ksyriums to AM Sprint 350s and the blend shifted: 50/50 in performance and
comfort. The AMs make the bike perform very good but makes the bike far more plusher, the Opal stiffness is barely noticeable. It climbs like a goat using a slightly higher gear.
I might leave these wheels on!

Corsaire :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.