Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at buying a wheelset from the classifieds on this site.Bontrager Race-X Lite Carbons.It has a campy hub on it with a campy cassette.the seller says that the 9 speed campy is fully compatible w/ the 9 speed shimano chain and shifters.is it true.or is it bull ****.because i am ready to buy now if it is going to work.please let me know asap.thanks guys.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
It should work The only adjustment that you may have to make is that you may have to center your changer on the 4th or 5th cog instead of the 2nd cog.
The only downside is that you'll have to make that minor adjustment every time you change from a Shimano wheel to the Campy one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really

MR_GRUMPY said:
It should work The only adjustment that you may have to make is that you may have to center your changer on the 4th or 5th cog instead of the 2nd cog.
The only downside is that you'll have to make that minor adjustment every time you change from a Shimano wheel to the Campy one.

do you really think it is worth the work every time though?

·
24,421 Posts
If the price is right.

I'm only talking a quarter turn.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok then

MR_GRUMPY said:
If the price is right.

I'm only talking a quarter turn.

the price is 650 dollars with tires and just 50 miles on them(what they say.).look on the classifieds at the first bontrager carbons you see in the wheel section.i just try to race the bike and do what service i can do.

·
24,421 Posts
Don't they list over $1000, or am I thinking of the carbons ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
they sure do

MR_GRUMPY said:
Don't they list over $1000, or am I thinking of the carbons ?

they are like $1350 on the bontrager website. and those are carbons if you are looking at the right ones.not the bontrager selects you see first or the ones with bontrager and hed but the third bontrager listing for race x-lite carbons.check it out.and hit me back.

·
24,421 Posts
That was a very good price. Almost too good........ Makes you wonder.
I've never been into those high zoot wheels. When Mavic stopped making their GL330 rim, I bought up all that I could find at a dirt cheap price. Nobody wanted them anymore, they all wanted the "new and improved" rims that just happened to weigh 60g more than the old out-of-date rims. I've even got some good Wolber tubular rims that the 7-11 team used to race on. I think that I've got enough rims to last until I'm taking that big dirt nap.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
That was a very good price. Almost too good........ Makes you wonder.
I've never been into those high zoot wheels. When Mavic stopped making their GL330 rim, I bought up all that I could find at a dirt cheap price. Nobody wanted them anymore, they all wanted the "new and improved" rims that just happened to weigh 60g more than the old out-of-date rims. I've even got some good Wolber tubular rims that the 7-11 team used to race on. I think that I've got enough rims to last until I'm taking that big dirt nap.
I've got quite the stash of GL330s and some Campy Strada tubular rims for my track bike. Bought for cheap before people figured out what they were worth again...

Hah!

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts