Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in the process of changing the cables on my bike that has a Campagnolo 10 speed Chorus group on it. The shifters are of the QS Micron/10 Micron type (partnumber EP7-CHXC). I found a cable set on ebay that says that it is (backwards) compatible with all Campagnolo 8/9/10/11 speed shifters (partnumber CG-ER600 = Campagnolo Ultra-low friction cables and casings).
Before I order this set, I just want to make sure that this is the correct kit for my specific shifters/brakes. Does anyone know if this will work? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Campy at first had 11spd specific cable sets. The main difference was that the derailleur cable housings did not have ferrules. They were also still selling the older 8/9/10spd cable sets. Now it seems as though they are selling only one cable set and it has ferrules included for 8/9/10 usage. On Campy 10spd shifters I always installed the shifter cables with the pre-installed ferrule into the shifter housing as per the Campy instructions. I assume even with the newer cables one would want a ferrule on the housing into the shifters on 10spd.

Campagnolo ErgoPower UltraShift Cable Set - Excel Sports

Rather than buy from eBay and get the wrong part, might be better to buy from a reputable seller like Excel.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the process of changing the cables on my bike that has a Campagnolo 10 speed Chorus group on it. The shifters are of the QS Micron/10 Micron type (partnumber EP7-CHXC). I found a cable set on ebay that says that it is (backwards) compatible with all Campagnolo 8/9/10/11 speed shifters (partnumber CG-ER600 = Campagnolo Ultra-low friction cables and casings).
Before I order this set, I just want to make sure that this is the correct kit for my specific shifters/brakes. Does anyone know if this will work? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you.
http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/documenti/en/2012_COMPONENTS_SPARES-PART_B-02-12.pdf

Go to the end of the document.

The kit you want is CG-ER500 - Velomine has them for $45, as does totalcycling.com

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
$45 for a couple of ferrules. No problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
CG-ER600 and CG-ER500 are the same price. CG-ER600 is for Ultra-Shift only, CG-ER500 is for everything else. Both kits contain complete inner, outer and ferrules as appropriate.

So it is *NOT* '$45 for a couple of ferrules.'

I await your apology.
well campy has all the reputation and myth and bla bla but 45$ (and around 45euros last year near me) for 2.5 meters of cable and brake wire is way way overpriced.

if you had shimano you get your job done on one tenth of the price.

and its not only this.chainrings?no you have to pay 140euros for an authentic one just because the fifth hole is drilled 2.5mm outer of the other 4.

derrailleur jockeys?of course not.authentic once again.just for a fraction of mm's.

sometimes i strongly believe that campy has a dedicated R&D department emphasized to create incompatibility with everything else on the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.