Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Competitve Cyclist

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Thorn Bait 
#1 ·
Epilogue:
Just to let you folks know I did send the Merckyx AXM back last week, and will get a full refund. Looking at getting the same model, but from a more reputable dealer. Maybe next time they will be careful about details:(

#2 · (Edited)
well...

I stayed out of the last lengthy thread, but if I remember correctly, you didn't get the correct tires and all of the ergo brain parts. You also know that you can't put a Chris King headset on this frame.

Seems to me like it was more trouble to send the bike back than take an hour to correct the problems. Who paid for the shipping both ways?

Personally, I might order all the parts for a bike from one company, but I'd never let them build it. Most likely the ergo levers wouldn't be mounted where I want them and I wouldn't like the cable routing job. I'd rather do it myself and get it right the first time.

I'm thinking about buying a Cervelo R3 from these guys, just to save $150 in sales tax. Now that I live in CO, where many major online catalogs are located, I get taxed on everything I buy. Hopefully they won't screw up shipping a frame.

#3 · (Edited)
You did right

No point in leting CC profit from this transaction. Hopefully you didn't have to pay for shipping. They screwed up, therefore they should bear all expenses in resolving the matter.

As far as CC learning anything from this experience, I doubt it. Perhaps they, as well as many other businesses, figure what they gain by "sheeple" accepting and tolerating marginal or poor service offsets the costs associated with the occassional return of merchandise. Just a numbers game.

#4 ·
What did they have to learn this is obviously a trouble making customer that posted how bad they wre before they even had a chance to make the situation right. Mistakes happen. What is worse is that that Spyders biggest problem in his first post was about the CK headset. Then he says he is going to get the same bike somewhere else and still cant get this headset. Bet they are glad to be rid of him.

#5 ·
He said a little more than there was a problem with the headset. The bottom line is when you drop $8000 on a bike with a specific parts spec, if you can't supply the parts that were agreed to, you as the dealer should contact the customer and discuss the alternatives rather than just substitute at will and send the bike out. I would have sent it back as when I drop that type of money I expect what I order to be what was delivered.

#7 ·
And they tried to fix it. He still cries about it. Then decides to get the same bike somewhere else even though his biggest gripe in the first post was the headset. I would understand if he wanted a different frame but that just makes no sense.

And as for rewarding incompetence they did what the could to fix it. He should have just sent the bike bike from the get go if he was not happy rather than whining for over a week. Hell he was even thinking about riding it then returning it what the hell is up with that.

#8 ·
C-40 said:
I'm thinking about buying a Cervelo R3 from these guys, just to save $150 in sales tax. Now that I live in CO, where many major online catalogs are located, I get taxed on everything I buy. Hopefully they won't screw up shipping a frame.
That is what you get for living in a nice cycling place like CO. ;)

Hey on the R3 you might try William at Wise Cycle Buys
http://www.wisecyclebuys.com/

He does not list them but seems he can get most any frame & match the price + free shipping. Someone here posted a nice white Look 585 they got from him.

#13 ·
PT Barnum would love some of u guys

Perhaps the next time u guys buy a car, a house, or even a bike or anything else and it's not what u wanted and specified I would like the opportunity to say suckers. I really can't believe some of the responses, but then again maybe i should. It goes to show u we have all types who would sit back, and baaa there way around life. Just keep acting like the sheep u are, and accepting whatever u are handed. Regardless of whether its right or not.
This is why u get taken. Like the saying goes "there's a sucker born every minute" and teo u just proved it!

#14 ·
Spyder

the spyder said:
Perhaps the next time u guys buy a car, a house, or even a bike or anything else and it's not what u wanted and specified I would like the opportunity to say suckers. I really can't believe some of the responses, but then again maybe i should. It goes to show u we have all types who would sit back, and baaa there way around life. Just keep acting like the sheep u are, and accepting whatever u are handed. Regardless of whether its right or not.
This is why u get taken. Like the saying goes "there's a sucker born every minute" and teo u just proved it!
What is sitting back? They tried to fix it. You can't even read the discription on their web site that says i come with an intigrated headset. Maybe they should have said something but misses happen. Then you say you are going to get the same frame somewhere else. I got money says you don't and that this is all a case of buyers remors.

#15 · (Edited)
Here you are, having ridden their bike, trashed their name, called other fellow cyclists suckers, and gotten a full refund. The fact that you are going to buy the same bike after making a big fuss about the CK headset is just bad form. The fact that you rode the bike with the intention to return it isn't much better.

I don't own a bike shop, but if I did, I'd pray no customer like you comes in the door.

The customer is always right culture in this country can go a bit too far. At some point, people have to step back and use some common sense and be reasonable. I actually bought a frame from CC and they sent me a wrong color, they essentially said, "We f'ed up. Either you get a full refund, or we can give you a partial refund to keep it. It's your call." I think that's all anybody can do in that case.

#17 ·
C-40 said:
I might order all the parts for a bike from one company, but I'd never let them build it. .
Yep. I want all my parts in the boxes. No one touches 'em.

C-40 said:
Hopefully they won't screw up shipping a frame.
No kidding. This can be a big issue. I think for frames either buy from the LBS so you can inspect it before paying, or go pick it up directly from the builder.

#18 · (Edited)
the spyder said:
I shouldn't have posted anything after reading your original post as it proved something I already knew.

Never argue with an idiot becuase they bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience....

#19 ·
the spyder said:

And then your comment regarding the use of 'sucker' in a posting. That was just last week, in your other thread on the same topic... remember?

the spyder said:
No one should ever be taken advantage of, and your comment of "sucker" in your posting shows how either little you know or what little compassion you possess in your small and desperate existence. I only hope that you will come to find some compassion in which to share.
Good luck.

#21 ·
These frames don't exactly grow on trees. High end frames imported by Gita are typically hard to get often with very long waits (unless it's a blue F4:13)... I hope Spyder isn't in a big hurry to pick up another AXM:D

CC will have no trouble reselling this bike.

#22 ·
CaseLawZ28 said:
Don't forget your Use Tax! You are a tax law-abiding citizen aren't you? ;)
Why yes of course he is - although I think some states exempt up to a certain dollar amount... :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.