Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Reality Star
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievable Deal of the Day at Performance Bike website. A complete SRAM Force groupset, SRAM wheels, Ritchey components, Selle Italia SLR XP saddle and a "free" aluminum frame. Plus 10% back on Team Points?????

Here is the link:

http://www.performancebike.com/weba...e=Homepage-_-DODWKEND-_-SRAMForceRaodBuildKit

SRAM Force Road Build Kit
The SRAM Force road build kit includes everything you need to build a complete, state of the art road bike.
*Includes free Performance Brand Aluminum Frame!*

Kit Includes:

* Shifters: SRAM Force DoubleTap
* Brakeset: SRAM Force
* Rear Derailleur: SRAM Force
* Front Derailleur: SRAM Force, braze-on
* Crankset: SRAM Force carbon, 53x39, S(170), M(172.5), L(175)
* Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP Cups, English
* Cassette: SRAM OG-1070, 11x23
* Chain: SRAM PC 1070
* Wheelset: SRAM S27AL Comp
* Tires: Michelin Krylium Carbon, 700x23
* Tubes: Michelin A1 Comp, 36mm valve, 700c
* Handlebar: Ritchey Comp, 31.8, S(400), M (420), L(440)
* Handlebar Tape: Cinelli cork, black
* Stem: Ritchey Comp, 31.8, S(100), M (110), L(120)
* Seatpost: Ritchey Comp, 27.2
* Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XP Flow
* Also included: Cat Eye mini reflector set, SRAM Red 31.8mm Braze-on adapter

·
Reality Star
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction: There is an additional 10% off at checkout plus Team Points. So $899.99 plus shipping, plus $90 worth of redeemable Team Points!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I spoke to them on the phone and they are referring to this as a "close out item" and therefore will not honor any back orders.

Doesn't seem right to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
perhaps a price mistake??

just checked...they have another Force build kit for 1699$ up but still says out of stock.

killer deal if the $899 was legit, especially with the free frame!

·
Registered
20 Posts
leoner said:
I spoke to them on the phone and they are referring to this as a "close out item" and therefore will not honor any back orders.

Doesn't seem right to me.
Yeah, I used the "online chat" feature to ask about this "deal of the day" special yesterday afternoon, as it was out of stock in all three sizes. I was told to go ahead and order it, and it would ship when back in stock, else the order would be canceled. So I did, and Performance's online order system worked normally, took my credit card info, and said the order was placed. But I never got the customary email notification. Late last night, I logged in to my account and looked at my order status page--nothing about it.

Doesn't seem quite right to me either. Another Performance blunder.

·
Registered
44 Posts
any news?

I haven't heard anything from them out my order. I haven't heard that it's canceled and I haven't heard that it's not. I would imagine that if they are going to cancel the order they had better let people know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You would think that, wouldn't you? However, I suspect that performancebike.com is just hoping this bit of unpleasantness will go away on its own, without any more effort on their part. I bet if you login on their website, you will not see any record of your order for this "Deal of the Day".

I like Performance sometimes, but I don't expect customer service from them unless I'm in one of their stores...

·
Registered
44 Posts
At least here in California...

"California law requires retailers who advertise discounts or product specials to have enough products available to meet the expected demand or to provide a substitute product of comparable value at the advertised price.

If only limited quantities of advertised specials are to be made available, or if the advertised product will not be available at all store locations, the retailer must disclose that information in its advertising."

From the office of the California Attorney General​
There was nothing on the web site that indicated that the item as of limited quantity​

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Performance Email Response

"We are unable to process your order, the item you selected is no longer available. The Performance web site does not contain real time inventory information, but it is updated throughout the day. On occasion, the site may contain items which are in stock at the time of the update but are no longer available when your order is downloaded to our ordering system. If you select an item which subsequently sells out or is no longer available, it may show available until the next update. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Expected but lame. I suppose I could be "that guy" and push for some concession from them (coupon, maybe something else) but if its too good to be true...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I still haven't received any notification. I tried calling them on Monday but they said that it could take up to a week before the order appears in the system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts