Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did better than I thought I would - 65 miles in a total of about 4.5 hours. The longest I'd ridden previously was 50 miles, and I was worn out by the end of it. This time, I brought a bunch of snacks (pretzels, granola bars, even cereal), and ate and drank continously. It's [email protected] hot here in Dallas, so even though I drank well over a gallon of water I still had to drink more fluids to catch up when I got home. I was definitely tired by the end of it and would have needed a break and a sammich to keep going, but overall felt good.

Ride summary:
time: 4.5 hours
distance: 65 miles
water: 4 liters
gatorade: 2 bottles
calories consumed: at least 700 (and still hungry)

I'm on my way to my first 100 miler. Keep on riding...

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Before jumping your distance to 100 miles, you might want to do another 65 miler at a faster pace. Aim for 4 hours. Once you can do that, you can kick up your distance to 75, then 85, then 100.

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MR_GRUMPY said:
Before jumping your distance to 100 miles, you might want to do another 65 miler at a faster pace. Aim for 4 hours. Once you can do that, you can kick up your distance to 75, then 85, then 100.

That's the plan - do a long ride once a week and gradually increase the total distance (probably in increments of 10 miles), and do shorter, higher intensity rides during the week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.