Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - wondering if anyone has expertise on this set of components. I have an Ibis frame with an FSA K force Light compact crank (50/34). I have a Shimano XTR M 970 mt cassette 11-32 on the rear. I want to use a Campagnolo Record QS Front Derailleur, a Dura Ace 7800 GS rear, and Dura-Ace SL-BS77 Bar End Shifters. I want the rear shifting indexed and the front just friction. Are there any issues with this set of components. Thanks very much, Ron

·
Militant commuter
943 Posts
The GS is a medium cage...and apparently is rated for a 27t large cog. I've heard of people going a bit bigger, but have not tried it myself. You may run into problems of the upper pulley grinding against the largest couple of cassette cogs even with the B-tension screw dialed out.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
The rear deraileur's stated max cog size is 27t. I have gotten DA triple derailleurs (7700GS) to shift onto a 30t cog reliably but 32t might be too much. You will have to try it and see. You may want to back off the B screw.

Why would you want to use a Campy front derailleur and lose front indexing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.