Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Poseur
1,408 Posts
I don't know anything about that brand, but there are some other brands that are being used by ski instructors and the people who use them say they have feel better at the end of the day as a result. There was an article about them in the latest PSIA magazine. I've been wearing compression ski socks this season and have been pretty pleased with them. My feet and calves feel good at the end of the day no matter how hard I ski.

·
Registered
6 Posts
These compressive garments do work. I am an occupational therapist that works with people dealing with swelling disorders (complete decongestive therapy). The garments you listed look very expensive and are in no way custom. You should look at the Juzo silver line of products. Many of my colleagues have worn the thigh highs and they are runners. They would wear them during the work day. They would go running after work and could note a difference if they had not worn them. We stood a lot in the hospital.
http://www.juzousa.com/product.asp?...2=Stockings&product_class=JS&group_model=2060
In the US you will need a prescription. I would use 20-30 mmhg level of compression to start.You may not need more than this if your vascular and lymphatic sytems are intact.
Less compression than this may be a waste of time in the legs. I was thinking this particular product line would be good for athletes due to the antibacterial and cooling properties of the x-static thread. I often will order these for my patients if they are ulcer prone and fit in the off the shelf size ranges.

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
What for

phazer said:
Anyone use it? Does it work? Looks interesting.
From all that I have read, compression tights are advantageous for sports where there can be a lot of jarring movements, as they help keep the muscles from "jangling" whe you experience an impact. Obviously, if you have some sort of venous insufficiency, they would also be helpful. If you have severely stressed your muscles, they might help for a brief period of recovery, though you can get the same or better effect by just laying on your back with your legs propped up against the wall. For uncompromised people, while riding a road bike on normal pavement (not Paris Roubaix), it's hard to imagine how they would offer any benefit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a pair of Skins, and I recommend them. So far, results of the research are mixed, but even if they don't help that much, I still feel like they do, so I guess that's the point. I wear them after long rides when my legs are just tired. It's seems to make some leg pain occur less by the end of the day.
FYI, be picky when choosing your size. The chart indicated that I would need a small, but I ended up sending them back and getting an x-small.

·
A.K.A. Pitty-Cent....
214 Posts
I have run in the CWX Pro's for a few months now and really like them. Great for cold weather and I really do feel like I recover faster afterwards. I typically do 20-30 mi per week and it really has seemed to help. Even if it's only in my head, everything counts.

Here's the mens version, there's a woman's expert version also... sorry no link.
http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/ou...l?CMP_ID=SH_FRO002&CMP_SKU=CWX0009&mv_pc=r126

There's a woman's expert version also... sorry no link.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So for how long do you guys wear them? Any side effects of keeping them on for too long? For example falling asleep with them etc?

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Side effects? Well, they make me too warm if I fall asleep in them, so I don't sleep as well. That's about it.
FWIW, I have some skins and, though I'm not sure if they actually do anything, I like how they feel after hard workouts.

·
A.K.A. Pitty-Cent....
214 Posts
phazer said:
So for how long do you guys wear them? Any side effects of keeping them on for too long? For example falling asleep with them etc?
Put them on to warm up and run, take them off right after. Mostly because my wife makes fun of me, calls me Robin Hood and so forth, but really any type of compression is bad for the avocados so I try to minimize it when I can. Same with cycling apparel and saddles. Doesn't seem that this would be an issue for you so other than that, the fact that chafing may occur, might be it.

·
The Dropped 1
670 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Side effects? Well, they make me too warm if I fall asleep in them, so I don't sleep as well. That's about it.
FWIW, I have some skins and, though I'm not sure if they actually do anything, I like how they feel after hard workouts.
Ditto. They're comfy! I've never overheated if I fall asleep in mine (any moreso than normal, anyway).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.