Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my handlebar from the original Aluminum to a carbon fiber one. The one thing that I didn't take in account is the size of the handle bars in comperison with my compuer bracket. I know that I can find somthing to install the bracket on but I need some recomendations.
Thanks,
Arie

·
Have a nice day
5,893 Posts
Interesting. That's pretty much exactly what I suggested building for this purpose in the other thread on this subject. I suppose my dowel-and-flat-stock home job won't be as cool, but I'll bet it costs less :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
undies said:
Interesting. That's pretty much exactly what I suggested building for this purpose in the other thread on this subject. I suppose my dowel-and-flat-stock home job won't be as cool, but I'll bet it costs less :p
These go for 20-30 bucks. I've been considering one for my road bike so I have room for clip on aero bars for TTs. Hey ... my computer cost less than that! (Cateye Mity 8.)

Cheers,
Ari

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys,
I will probably go with one of this. I was looking for other options at a few bike stores, but...

Thanks,
Arie

·
Have a nice day
5,893 Posts
ari said:
These go for 20-30 bucks.
Mine costs $4-5 and just a little bit of your time. Granted, a home-made bracket isn't going to have the C-F bling, but honestly the computer is going to cover that part anyway.

I spray-painted my home-made bracket black and it looks almost exactly like the above. I would post a pic but I actually made the bracket to mount a Sigma computer to my motorcycle, so the bracket is now buried down inside the fairing and not easily photographed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts