Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a decent but cheap computer to use when using my trainer. I need something that either has a rear wheel mounting kit or a wireless that has enough signal range to mount it on the rear wheel. I don't want to spend much and it doesn't have to be fancy, just something that gives speed, distance,etc. I currently have a Flite Deck computer on my road bike, but it has a front wheel sensor. Is there a rear wheel mount for the Flite Deck?

Thanks
Dirt

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cateye Astrale

I think that you can set it up with rear wheel sensor and it has a cadence sensor. The downside is that it is wired but they are typically cheap (between $20-$30 on ebay).

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
dirt_donkey said:
I am looking for a decent but cheap computer to use when using my trainer. I need something that either has a rear wheel mounting kit or a wireless that has enough signal range to mount it on the rear wheel. I don't want to spend much and it doesn't have to be fancy, just something that gives speed, distance,etc. I currently have a Flite Deck computer on my road bike, but it has a front wheel sensor. Is there a rear wheel mount for the Flite Deck?

Thanks
Dirt
Just get a (used?) CatEye Astral and use it only on the trainer. Don't even wire it to the bike. The only rear wheel wireless I know of is the CatEye for about $100. - TF

·
Registered
357 Posts
You've already got the right answer, but I'll third it. Cateye astral 8. Rear wheel & cadence for under $30 can't be beat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts