Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...to fix my video card issues.

I cannot enable:
DIrect Draw Acceleration
Direct 3D Acceleration
or AGP Texture Acceleration

I cannot figure out why. They used to work. I have since formatted a few times, and reinstalled Radeon's Omega Drivers. Oh, its an ATI Mobile Radeon 9000 with 128mb Video Ram (not shared).

I have tried uninstalling the adaptor, software, and the Netmeeting trick, all without success.

Other than "Getting a Mac", any thoughts? Id like to use my GPS Software for my Delorme GPS, but it isnt fully functional...

Thanks!

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Is there more than on video card in the system? Can you completely remove the Radeon from the system and try and enable the onboard video for a time to see if the DirectX will load properly on it? Just a few ideas...

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rward325 said:
Is there more than on video card in the system? Can you completely remove the Radeon from the system and try and enable the onboard video for a time to see if the DirectX will load properly on it? Just a few ideas...
I do not believe there is. I have tried to uninstall it, and upon reboot, windows loads fairly normally, then finds teh hardware once again.. Now that I think about it, maybe there is... just "Standard" VGA video.

Its irritating cause it used to work...

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,949 Posts
Get an Nvidia.

ATi drivers shave a long colorful history of sucking arse.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Room 1201 said:
Get an Nvidia.

Its a laptop, dont think I can swap out cards...

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Room 1201 said:
Get an Nvidia.

Can I get an AMEN brother?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts